Just now, Timothy Darling said:

I have already made many batches. One day before yesterday with no problems. And now no go.

Well, that different.  I’m no expert, but I have noticed the yield drops pretty fast , even in the fridge.  I keep the big container in the freezer, and put about one weeks worth in a small one in the fridge.  My last batch had pretty low hatch rates, but it’s been a while since I topped it off.  

with out knowing anything else, I would question if your eggs got wet, warm, etc. I would also make sure you have the right temp in the hatchery. After that, idk good luck

• Like 1

This happens to us occasionally. But when, from the same can the odd batch doesn't properly hatch while others before and after come out fine, the trouble is usually that the bubbler is not adequately dropped to the bottom of the hatchery, and / or that the salt crystals are not properly dissolving into the water column. 

Try taking a coffee-mug, putting HOT water in it, and vigorously stirring the measured aquarium salt into it until it completely dissolves. Then, add that to your empty hatchery and top off the rest with cold water to render a tepid (room-temp) solution. Then add the brine shrimp, eggs. 

Be sure that your airline / bubbler reaches all the way to the bottom of the hatchery. A rigid airline is preferable, as it doesn't coil up and keep the eggs from churning. 

If this doesn't work . . . then I've got no ideas! 😂

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

This happens to us occasionally. But when, from the same can the odd batch doesn't properly hatch while others before and after come out fine, the trouble is usually that the bubbler is not adequately dropped to the bottom of the hatchery, and / or that the salt crystals are not properly dissolving into the water column. 

Try taking a coffee-mug, putting HOT water in it, and vigorously stirring the measured aquarium salt into it until it completely dissolves. Then, add that to your empty hatchery and top off the rest with cold water to render a tepid (room-temp) solution. Then add the brine shrimp, eggs. 

Be sure that your airline / bubbler reaches all the way to the bottom of the hatchery. A rigid airline is preferable, as it doesn't coil up and keep the eggs from churning. 

If this doesn't work . . . then I've got no ideas! 😂

Good puts.  

• Like 1