Discus in a Community Aquarium

Fish Folk

If you’re an aquarist with some decent experience, you should not be afraid of keeping discus. These are some of the most beautiful fish in the freshwater tropical hobby. We have slowly been adding young discus to our aquaria, learning how they like to be kept. In the final analysis, they really are not difficult. Hope this video encourages you to give them a try!

• Like 2

I love discus fish and they're the most beautiful fish in the world to me, but IMHO I don't have a tank big enough (45 gallon), plus I have a good-sized group of harlequin rasboras (19), which are my favorite fish overall. 

A bigger point is I think you are a fantastic filmmaker, writer, and speaker. You remind me of my older brother (8 years older than me) when we were kids. He was very articulate, knew his science and could explain it in plain language. He ended up being a veterinarian, with his bachelor's in animal science. Had we grown up in the YouTube era, he'd have probably had a channel just as interesting and informative as yours! I think you have a successful future ahead of you - follow those dreams and you will be happy!!

Edited by Maggie
typo!
  • Thanks 1

Boesmanis are awesome! No advice for you on that... but someday, you should definitely enjoy a tank full of discus. Daniel (elite poster here) shared a photo of a huge tank he had with discus. It’s over on the forum under plants...  title was something like (Valisneria + Discus + Easy Green = ??). Anyway, his photo will make you want to tear down your tank, and start all over 😂

• Like 1