Unexpected Glowlight Tetra fry

MickS77

I noticed some spawning activity from my Glowlights in quarantine. I put a sinking yarn mop in the tank to see if I could salvage any eggs. I left the mop in for a day. After that I put the mop in 2.5 gallon tank with slow stream of bubbles from a piece of rigid air tubing. Looks like I saved a few eggs from being eaten! I'll probably put a little sponge grunge into the tank for food and some Sera Micron as well. If they make it I'll try baby brine once they're bigger. 

20200729_061528.jpg

20200729_061831.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That baby is so cute. Aren't you glad you got some infusoria going?

Yep the plan is coming together. I'll probably suck up some of the infusoria water with pipette and squeeze it into the tank with the fry. Surely there is some microfauna in there by now.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up finding a lot more fry in the tank after removing the mops. I moved them to my Dean inspired fry raising trays. They are starting to show some color now. I started feeding BBS this weekend as shown by orange bellies. 

20200816_194545.jpg

• Like 1

very interesting! I have three glow-light tetra's in my 72g, I rescued them from my son's 20g. More like, they began eating the cardinal tetras they got so big. I love the way they look at night when my lights start to dim with a little bit of blue/red lighting. How long does it take for the fry to start displaying their florescent colors?