10 Gallon Stock Ideas

Sandrock14

Hello everyone,

I have a 10 gallon tank that has been running for about 10 months. I previously had swordtails but recently traded them in. The only fish currently in the 10 gallon is a juvenile Zebra Pleco.

I am looking for stocking ideas? I'd like to get something with a personality. I currently already have a betta in another tank and tetras in a 3rd tank. I'm looking for something a little different. Please let me know your ideas and thoughts!

Side L.jpg

Side.jpg

Capture.PNG

• Like 4

Pretty boy!

A trio of honey gourami would work. Or up to 15 chili rasboras, or other micro rasboras. Shrimp of course. Too small for any cory except pygmy. and they'd like more swimming space. 1 giant betta. or a wild betta in a dark water tank. Possibly a breeding pair of betta albimarginata in a dark tank?

• Like 2

On 9/27/2024 at 8:20 PM, Sandrock14 said:

Hello everyone,

I have a 10 gallon tank that has been running for about 10 months. I previously had swordtails but recently traded them in. The only fish currently in the 10 gallon is a juvenile Zebra Pleco.

I am looking for stocking ideas? I'd like to get something with a personality. I currently already have a betta in another tank and tetras in a 3rd tank. I'm looking for something a little different. Please let me know your ideas and thoughts!

Side L.jpg

Side.jpg

Capture.PNG

Very nice looking setup.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2024 at 11:33 PM, Sandrock14 said:

Have any of you all kept a single Honey Gourami? Was it interactive and did it get lonely?

I have one currently. But not for long. The tank has lost a few of its inhabitants, so going to move him into a 75g and redo the tank. She had other companions for a couple of years. Only one gourami though. She seemed to do just fine in the tank, constantly moving and searching. Lonely? Not sure how you tell, but behavior was typical for her.

• Like 2

my LFS had a large amount of Chili Rasboras the other day, they definitely looked nice.

I am inbetween Chilis, Honey Gourami, and Indostomus Crocodilus. Has anyone had the Crocodilus? I just started researching the Crocodilus.

• Like 2