Duckweed snuck into my tank?

• Administrators

It's duckweed. I kinda had the same thing happen. No duckweed anywhere in the fish room for months. I now have like 20 pieces in 1 tank... I'm convinced it was dried up under a rim of the tank and a fish splashed it and now it's back in that tank.

It’s duckweed. I find duckweed reduces the light just right for my tanks, but I have to scrape it all off of my arms every time I have to get into the tank. I still haven’t decided whether or not to remove it all or leave it. 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2024 at 2:19 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Oh no! It's Duckweed. Start scooping it allllll out now or you are doomed! Or you'll love it, depends on what you want. :classic_biggrin:

Well I kinda like it, but it can be a lot when it grows and there is more and more and more and more. lol. Thanks. might just get rid of it, or use it for shade for my anunias idk i will see.

On 9/8/2024 at 2:32 PM, Cory said:

It's duckweed. I kinda had the same thing happen. No duckweed anywhere in the fish room for months. I now have like 20 pieces in 1 tank... I'm convinced it was dried up under a rim of the tank and a fish splashed it and now it's back in that tank.

Thank you Cory. i appreciate it. For me idk what happened, it just appeared lol.

On 9/8/2024 at 2:40 PM, MWilk said:

It’s duckweed. I find duckweed reduces the light just right for my tanks, but I have to scrape it all off of my arms every time I have to get into the tank. I still haven’t decided whether or not to remove it all or leave it. 

thank you @MWilk