Can you put nerite snail live with betta in 5 gallon tank is it possible because I had one in my tank than he didn’t aggressively attack and also he didn’t care about him and lived him alone

Can you put chilli rasbora or other micro rasboras live with betta in 8g to 10g but not 5g or maybe 5g

Can you put kuhli loaches with a betta in 5g tank

Can put a anchor catfish with Betta in a 5g

Or can I put ghost shrimp with betta in 5g

Lots of ideas here! This is my opinion based on my experience:

nerite and betta: yes this is fine and good

kuhli loaches and betta: i would say a 5g is too small for the kuhlis. You could do a 10 though and probably be okay. 

small fish and betta: if the betta is a chill one, yes in a 10 gallon. I had a lovely group of ember tetras and a betta in a 10 for a long time. 

anchor catfish: I can’t answer this one, I’ve never kept them  

ghost shrimp: I’ve kept lots of cherry shrimp with bettas so yes, with caution. Let the shrimp get established and multiplying first before you add the betta, and have lots of moss or other hiding spots. 

I loved this little tank… betta, ember tetras, cherry shrimp in 10 gallons.IMG_5338.jpeg.aa23c90e2da24c52d9ada63a7f106349.jpeg

• Love 5

On 8/8/2024 at 6:21 PM, Jack1235 said:

Can you put nerite snail live with betta in 5 gallon tank is it possible because I had one in my tank than he didn’t aggressively attack and also he didn’t care about him and lived him alone

Even if betta doesnt care about the snail, a nerite will starve to death in a 5g tank due to lack of natural growth to sustain its diet. they dont accept commercial foods

Can you put chilli rasbora or other micro rasboras live with betta in 8g to 10g but not 5g or maybe 5g

10g with small community fish, community fish being added first and betta last, and having second plans just in case it doesnt work, is OK to try

Can you put kuhli loaches with a betta in 5g tank

No, too small

Can put a anchor catfish with Betta in a 5g

No, too small

Or can I put ghost shrimp with betta in 5g

Again, too small. To be fair, 5g is too small for a betta alone anyway IMO.

Answers added above as orange bold.

On 8/8/2024 at 7:02 PM, redmare said:

Lots of ideas here! This is my opinion based on my experience:

nerite and betta: yes this is fine and good

kuhli loaches and betta: i would say a 5g is too small for the kuhlis. You could do a 10 though and probably be okay. 

small fish and betta: if the betta is a chill one, yes in a 10 gallon. I had a lovely group of ember tetras and a betta in a 10 for a long time. 

anchor catfish: I can’t answer this one, I’ve never kept them  

ghost shrimp: I’ve kept lots of cherry shrimp with bettas so yes, with caution. Let the shrimp get established and multiplying first before you add the betta, and have lots of moss or other hiding spots. 

I loved this little tank… betta, ember tetras, cherry shrimp in 10 gallons.IMG_5338.jpeg.aa23c90e2da24c52d9ada63a7f106349.jpeg

Love your betta and embers look awesome.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 12:22 PM, Lennie said:

Answers added above as orange bold.

I can't quote your quote edit haha but I've had success with nerites in a 5g with a betta! I've also found most of them to happily eat non-algae foods. Theyll definitely rasp on algae wafers, they love repashy, and they go nuts for zucchini or other fresh veggie type foods. If the 5g was well planted with a proper ecosystem going, and you were supplementing diet, it could be done for sure in my experience. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 7:26 PM, redmare said:

I can't quote your quote edit haha but I've had success with nerites in a 5g with a betta! I've also found most of them to happily eat non-algae foods. Theyll definitely rasp on algae wafers, they love repashy, and they go nuts for zucchini or other fresh veggie type foods. If the 5g was well planted with a proper ecosystem going, and you were supplementing diet, it could be done for sure in my experience. 

That's basically nothing like my experience to this day to be honest. I tried keeping one nerite in a 30 liter tank before as the smallest size and it failed. It was planted with many wood pieces.

I have never seen a nerite accepting a snello, veggie or any type of commercial foods in my life. I keep SOOOOO MANY snailss in the fish room, and I am a big snail lover! If Im not mistaken, Ive had 11 bettas and 12 nerites to this day.

I frankly don't think a nerite is suitable for a 5g.  My experience with 0 out of 12 nerites accepting no snello, veggies or commercial foods cannot be a coincidence I think. What are the odds!

Edited by Lennie
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 12:33 PM, Jack1235 said:

Redmare did you ever seen nerite snail nocturnal I had a black racer nerite snail he was nocturnal 

They just kinda always do their thing! I wouldn't be at all surprised if you had one only out at night.

On 8/8/2024 at 12:34 PM, Lennie said:

That's basically nothing like my experience to this day to be honest. I tried keeping one nerite in a 30 liter tank before as the smallest size and it failed. It was planted with many wood pieces.

I have never seen a nerite accepting a snello, veggie or any type of commercial foods in my life. I keep SOOOOO MANY snails with 24 tanks in the fish room, and I am a big snail lover! If Im not mistaken, Ive had 11 bettas and 12 nerites to this day.

I frankly don't think a nerite is suitable for a 5g.  My experience with 0 out of 12 nerites accepting no snello, veggies or commercial foods cannot be a coincidence I think. What are the odds!

Totally fair! weird how different people's experiences with the same creature can be. I've had I think 8 betta tanks and I've always had a nerite with them no issues. I think we can both agree to go on the side of caution and advise away from the nerite in a 5g, save it for a 10g+.

• Like 3

I agree with pretty much everything @Lennie said. I think a 5g is really hard to fit both a betta and any tankmates in. I have a 10g with a betta and a nerite snail. He tolerates the snail but if he was in a 5g I think it would cause problems. Bettas can just be jerks and often don’t like to share their space lol.

On 8/8/2024 at 3:27 PM, mynameisnobody said:

Not true at all. Sorry buddy, but Mystery snails for one aren’t anything but nocturnal. 

Oh my bad sorry man. I didn’t know, just thought of a few that I knew, but most are like nerites for example.  I am not mad that this is not true 😅. Idk what you meant by sorry buddy but I got you.

Edited by Whitecloud09

On 8/8/2024 at 5:27 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Oh my bad sorry man. I didn’t know, just thought of a few that I knew, but most are like nerites for example.  I am not mad that this is not true 😅. Idk what you meant by dopey buddy but I got you.

Who called you dopey buddy? 

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2024 at 5:45 PM, mynameisnobody said:

Who called you dopey buddy? 

😂😂😂. Typo. I meant sorry buddy. LOL. Alright back to topic btw.

On 8/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

I agree with pretty much everything @Lennie said. I think a 5g is really hard to fit both a betta and any tankmates in. I have a 10g with a betta and a nerite snail. He tolerates the snail but if he was in a 5g I think it would cause problems. Bettas can just be jerks and often don’t like to share their space lol.

Yes epically males. I’ve seen so many cases like this before. Especially longer antennas snails like mystery’s in a small tank. Get nipped on, picked around and all. I agree with u and @Lennie 👍🏻