Water storage container

On 6/15/2024 at 7:47 PM, goodjobchamp said:

Semi-rigid, high density polyethylene food grade, and yes its just tap water

The hard blue drum, or Rubbermaid plastic? I get a slime buildup in my trash cans as well. Very annoying. I just usually use a clean brush and clean it out. But I can lift them into the sink for a final rinse. For larger or heavier drums, you could use hydrogen peroxide straight from the bottle as a disinfectant. The plus side to this is the breakdown into water and oxygen 

What irritates me, my water is straight ro. And still can get slime on the sides.

On 6/15/2024 at 9:39 PM, goodjobchamp said:

its a white plastic top seller on amazon 5 gallon container for water

Yeah, that’s what I use to fill my trash can. 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:56 PM, T. Payne said:

t will cause the water from stagnating

Before I use my water I usually run its pump for 5-10 minutes while adding buffers. So stagnating is not an issue. Freshly oxygenated. But could be very useful for 5 gallon jugs 

On 6/15/2024 at 8:26 PM, Tony s said:

What irritates me, my water is straight ro. And still can get slime on the sides.

Bacteria in the air and on every surface. Spores of algae and protists everywhere just waiting for moisture to activate them. Unless you're using some kind of antiseptic you're gonna grow something in water left out long enough 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:32 PM, doktor zhivago said:

Bacteria in the air and on every surface

And , unfortunately, bacteria in the water supply as well. One of the reasons I use ro. Had hoped the ro would clear them, but possibly not. The rest of the house uses a hydrogen peroxide injector and water softener to clean the water. Not sure which is better. Had problems starting cycles when beginning. Still not sure if the peroxide was killing the bb. Or just my inexperience at that time.  

We used to bleach our well to pass foster care requirements. Really nervous of doing that with fish in house now. The first time I tried I overdid it enough I forced my wife out of her shower when it came through 🤣🤣

Wipe it out with a clean dry towel. Let it sit dry for a few days in between holding water. I use a Brute garbage can all the time with an air stone and this stops the funk.