What is this?

This is probably poop, but just clarifying that it is correct. This is my nerite snail and right beside him it looks like poop. Idk becasue I don’t have much experience with nerites, can’t be eggs because they are usually white looking ones. Like sesame seeds. Again only clarifying. Thanks 

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 6:06 PM, Tony s said:

actually a pretty decent question. something new to learn about a new animal. At least you noticed, not sure everyone would have😀

Yeah, I saw it this morning, and I was like, just poop. Then I kept seeing it and I just stopped and said, will not hurt to ask. lol 

On 6/10/2024 at 4:33 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Same, mine look like tiny brown tubes lol. Not sure if the turds look different depending on what they’re doing eating?😂

But I’m sure it’s poop. I wouldn’t worry! Haha

Thx lol

• Like 1

My Nerite snail has been having some issues lately, and recently has gotten better, until tonight, when I also found something like this trailing behind my snail. I think it has been slowing down his movement. Maybe it's constipated? I don't know, but I think it is possible, because I recently fed my snail some algae wafers. I remember @Whitecloud09 also saying that he fed his snail an algae wafer, I think. My snail has been regaining appetite, but that means that he will probably poop more...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 10:10 PM, Guupy42 said:

My Nerite snail has been having some issues lately, and recently has gotten better, until tonight, when I also found something like this trailing behind my snail. I think it has been slowing down his movement. Maybe it's constipated? I don't know, but I think it is possible, because I recently fed my snail some algae wafers. I remember @Whitecloud09 also saying that he fed his snail an algae wafer, I think. My snail has been regaining appetite, but that means that he will probably poop more...

I attempted a algae wafer and he got some of it yes. He might be constipated. How much algae is in your tank? So you added only 1 algae wafer before? Idk much about snails, but i am very interested in this, as I am trying to learn as much as i can about my nerite. Does he move around a lot? Mine, likes to get on plants and clean them off. This morning he was cleaning off my anubias. The poop is gone now and there is no algae on him. Might be slowing your nerite down, remembering how you added cuttlebone in another topic correct? Calcium is so important i have learned.  @Guupy42

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 8:16 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

I attempted a algae wafer and he got some of it yes. He might be constipated. How much algae is in your tank? So you added only 1 algae wafer before? Idk much about snails, but i am very interested in this, as I am trying to learn as much as i can about my nerite. Does he move around a lot? Mine, likes to get on plants and clean them off. This morning he was cleaning off my anubias. The poop is gone now and there is no algae on him. Might be slowing your nerite down, remembering how you added cuttlebone in another topic correct? Calcium is so important i have learned.  @Guupy42

I have added two algae wafers before, I am thinking that they get constipated because it is not what they are used to eating.

My snail used to move around a lot, but was recently lethargic. Now he is getting back to being active, but still moving slower. About the algae, there has been more in my tank for the past few days.  I think the so called "Algae" that was slowing my snail down recently was actually poop, because it can apparently their feces can look different, based on what they eat. And yes, I do have a cuttlebone, it is still in the HOB. I also want to learn as much as I can about my Nerite.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, Guupy42 said:

I have added two algae wafers before, I am thinking that they get constipated because it is not what they are used to eating.

My snail used to move around a lot, but was recently lethargic. Now he is getting back to being active, but still moving slower. About the algae, there has been more in my tank for the past few days.  I think the so called "Algae" that was slowing my snail down recently was actually poop, because it can apparently their feces can look different, based on what they eat. And yes, I do have a cuttlebone, it is still in the HOB. I also want to learn as much as I can about my Nerite.

you're seeing near your nerite snail is indeed its waste or poop. Nerite snails typically produce small, dark, and pellet-like waste, which can sometimes be mistaken for other things due to their appearance. I had a difficult dissertation topic and didn’t know where to start, so I decided to try https://ukwritings.com/dissertation-services The writer was very knowledgeable and provided a well-structured and detailed dissertation. It was delivered before the deadline, and I was very impressed with the quality of the work.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by RebeccaScott
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:36 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

This is probably poop, but just clarifying that it is correct. This is my nerite snail and right beside him it looks like poop. Idk becasue I don’t have much experience with nerites, can’t be eggs because they are usually white looking ones. Like sesame seeds. Again only clarifying. Thanks 

image.jpg

Hello,

I never seen this kind of things.

• Like 1