Corydoras not breeding

flossy

I am currently trying to breed my group of 6 albino corydoras for fun. I have accidentally bred them in the past but that was about 1 or 2 years ago. I have been feeding them with frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp (none of my lfs sell live food). I performed a 50% water change with cool water and made the degrees drop about 4/5 degrees. The females are healthy and plump with eggs but I don't know what else to trigger them. I also added a powerhead to increase the flow.

For some of the more difficult to breed cories, breeders will keep them in “less than ideal” conditions for a bit. They might do less water changes, or feed them less. I’d say try this for a few weeks, and then condition them again.

• Like 1

I breed cories and use this method with a lot of success. Feed minimum for 2 months with no water changes, don't add water as it evaporates. After this time i feed meaty foods, bloodworms, earthworm sticks 2 times a day for a week. Then do my cool water changes everyday. Within a few days they spawn.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2024 at 3:47 PM, Tony s said:

If it's the same group of corys, they may have aged past their reproductive prime.

I think this is going on with my group of Albinos. They used to breed quite often, and now I couldn’t even tell you the last time I saw eggs. 

All good though, the 55 gallon tank above them has a group of like 15 or 18 that I hatched and raised from the original group. 

Not really looking to breed any Cory’s at the moment, but it’s nice to know that happens. I assumed that’s what was going on, but just wasn’t sure. 

• Like 1