How would I replicate a jungle style aquascape for my tank.

It's a 15gal tank with 5 red phantom tetras, 4 fancy guppies, 4 snails and planning to add some shrimp soon. I also have a small piece of driftwood, a rock and about 5 plants. 

I'm wondering what I can do to revive the baby tears on the side. I would also take suggestions for other plants to add and others ways I could include more pieces of driftwood and rocks and stuff. I am planning to add several different colors of the shrimp from the Aquarium Co-op store in person soon.
fishtank2.jpg.0c204ab277fe5d86b76762d48aef4155.jpg

I think the starting point, IMO, to have a jungle style tank is to have lots of tall plants - including the back wall covered with them.  

If this was my tank, and I was doing a jungle style like you want - I would cover the back wall with Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus - it's a fast grower, and fills in spaces like that pretty well....or you could do Valliseneria. From here - whichever one you chose for the back wall, I would use the other one to put on the sides and/or have a couple in the middle with the other current plants you have. 

Lastly - how long has your tank been seasoned for? Shrimp need a very seasoned tank. I just wanted to throw that out there, if you didn't know.

• Like 1

I 2nd @Jeff’s suggestion of Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus. It is an incredibly fast grower, extremely easy to propagate- just snip off stem above a leaf node and replant in the substrate. Cuttings can even be used to float on the surface. The replanted stem will grow and the old stem will grow 2 new shoots. Just be aware that it can very quickly take over a tank and you’ll be trimming often. 

• Like 1

thanks for the concern jeff, the tank has been cycling for around 8 weeks now and the aquarium co op staff said 6-8 weeks for shrimp. Thank you all so much!

• Like 1

Gravel is okay for most plants but it's best if you don't gravel vac and let the fish waste/mulm accumulate in the spaces between the gravel. This will provide some nutrients for the root-feeding plants. Root tabs can also be used. A fertile rich substrate in an aquarium will eventually get depleted and need to be replaced while gravel will last forever. Don't be afraid to experiment with different plants as no one truly knows what will do well in any tank. George Farmer, a world-renowned aquascaper with decades of experience has been preparing planted tanks for a European show and has been working with one of the biggest aquarium plant growers in the world and has had multiple plants he's had to replace that failed, despite the best lighting and water conditions possible. You just never know what will do well in your tank until you plant it and find out. A plant that others may find impossible to grow may grow like a weed for you. A plant that others can't kill, might melt to nothing for you. You just never know. 

• Like 1

Like @Jeff said "lots of tall plants." PSO, Wisteria, and Vallisneria...    You should also have shorter plants, and plants with different leaf shapes, sizes, colors and textures.  It all depends on how you envision your jungle,  A jungle tank is organized chaos.

• Like 1