Mr Clean Magic Eraser wipes

Has anyone used these to clean their tank? I dont think it has any detergents,  I imagine it's the same melamine foam that the normal ones are/the co-op sells. But I'm paranoid. There was no material list on the box.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleaning Sheets, The Power of a Magic Eraser in a  Thin, Flexible, Disposable Sheet, 16 Count

They are awful do not use. Idk why but their quality is so terrible they aren’t even useable around the house. The melamine foam they use now is so weak and brittle minimal pressure still leaves behind foam chunks on EVERYTHING.

I buy Cory’s foam pads and soak them in chemicals for household stuff because the OG magic eraser was the best thing for cleaning scuffs off shoes and plastic trim around my home. It’s a shame truly but Cory’s foam pads actually last several cleanings….

I went on ebay or something similar and bought a big brick of melomine foam blocks for next to nothing many years ago (like $10 for 100 blocks kind of cheap).  I'm not even sure where they are in the house right now, but I've got one that I use for aquariums and it holds up just fine.  The thin sheets, I would think wouldn't hold up very well.

95% of the time I just use a paper towel folded into a square.  Works great.

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1