Gup’s New Fishroom Build

On 6/10/2024 at 4:26 PM, Guppysnail said:

For my tanks roughly 50-60. But then I have floating breeders everywhere and brine shrimp hatching. My friend said they lost pressure around 60 drops. My room being so large if I ever want more tanks I’ll need it. I figure since it’s a build do it right the first time rather than try to add 

I would do the same thing that way you will always have plenty of air.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2024 at 1:56 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

This is looking great! Are you building in auto water change or still going to use siphon hoses to drain and refill tanks?

I already use a pump in/out system not auto though. I do not like the overflow change method.  If I had the $ I would do an auto system where each tank was controlled by valve and could be done separately. I breed some very soft water fish, some very hard and some brackish. 
Im old and retired. My hobby is supposed to consume time. 
In younger years when I was working though I would have loved to have the disposable $ to do an auto change.  

• Like 2

This is the only stand I’m having built. My friend made this. 🤗

It holds 2-20 longs and 4 -15 g or 6-15 g or any combo of them I will need for different tanks. 

I was going to do a growout rack but decided it’s much easier on me to do a grow out below each of my display /breeding tanks.  

I spend a lot of time with baby tanks and when netting 100 baby fish out of a tank to sell I get to sit on the floor to do it.  When collecting eggs, netting fry from a parent tank or relocating egg scatterers to pollute a breeder tank with eggs I just drop them into the tank right below. 

FD634FFC-7B53-4E7E-818C-E308424DAE17.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 6/24/2024 at 8:34 AM, Guppysnail said:

This is the only stand I’m having built. My friend made this. 🤗

It holds 2-20 longs and 4 -15 g or 6-15 g or any combo of them I will need for different tanks. 

I was going to do a growout rack but decided it’s much easier on me to do a grow out below each of my display /breeding tanks.  

I spend a lot of time with baby tanks and when netting 100 baby fish out of a tank to sell I get to sit on the floor to do it.  When collecting eggs, netting fry from a parent tank or relocating egg scatterers to pollute a breeder tank with eggs I just drop them into the tank right below. 

FD634FFC-7B53-4E7E-818C-E308424DAE17.jpeg

Omg that is a freaking crime scene!!! 😱

• Haha 3