Talking myself in a circle...

Any non-betta ideas for a 6.7 gallon half-moon? It's on my computer desk. I have had a couple of bettas in it but I'm considering changing it up. Pea puffers need more space? Shrimp might work possibly. I tend to like active or personable fish. I know the small tank means active is out. Idk I might have to just stick to a betta right?

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 1:37 AM, Galabar said:

chili rasboras

Endler's guppies/livebearers

I forgot about chili rasboras. Guppies i would never put in a tank this size though. They are too active. 

Edited by Cinnebuns

Unless you did male only, I'd shy away from live-bearers, or shrimp, due to overpopulation in time.

I'll add my vote for chili rasboras. I have a school of 47 in a 55 gallon with shrimp, pygmy cories and some other nano fish. For such a small fish, they're very personable & are always in the top third of the tank, checking things out any time something changes inside or outside of the tank.

Edited by Tazalanche

I guess it depends on how much activity you are looking for.

I hear that Ember Tetras are lazy fish that just hang out. Mine are fairly active, but what about one of the larger shrimp varieties or dwarf frogs?

Posted (edited)

Alright this is what I've narrowed it down to:

1.  Female betta instead of male

2.  Dwarf rasbora (axlerod or chili probably) and possibly Thai micro crabs

3.  2 CPO?  would that work here? 

4.  Licorice or sparkling gourami 

Anyone experienced with CPO or Thai micro crabs can weigh in on if this would work?  I do have driftwood in the tank at an angle which would supply more space to walk on vertically. 

@NOLANANO I know you and I have talked about CPO before. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Cinnebuns

2 CPO would work but you’d need either 2 female or a male and female. 2 males will fight unless you have enough room for them to spread out.

CPO do well by themselves too. 

you could also put a CPO with Neocardina. They are too slow to catch the shrimp with any kind of consistency. Sure they make get lucky every now and then but as long as the shrimp are breeding, the CPO wouldn’t even slightly impact their population.

• Thanks 1