Aquahuna plants

On 4/3/2024 at 11:53 AM, mynameisnobody said:

I wonder how this will work out since it is a conflict of interest for Cory who also sells plants. 

I wonder if this is reason cory switches to dan's

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 10:53 AM, mynameisnobody said:

I wonder how this will work out since it is a conflict of interest for Cory who also sells plants. 

Aquarium Co-op is only one of Aquahuna's customers, so I don't see why they shouldn't sell plants also.

I think that the reason that Aquahuna doesn’t ship to WA is because it would compete with the local fish stores. Maybe the co-op and aquahuna didn’t want to partner any more because aquahuna and the co-op would be competing for the rest of the country’s live plant market

Cory is also very particular about quality.. and between Dan’s and Aqua Huna… there’s really no comparison. Not that Aqua Huna is bad.. but Dan’s is meticulous  about the quality of the fish he brings in, their source, their health, quarantine practices and shipping. Seems more in line with Cory’s mindset. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 12:34 PM, jwcarlson said:

I'm not sure that Aqua Huna is a coop affiliate anymore?

Dan's Fish is the only one listed on the Live Fish page on the website.

image.png.a531a619fffdaa0ef32f6e1f2a62681e.png

This is true, I was wondering if the reason that they are not affiliated is because Aqua Huna would compete with the co-op for selling the plants and maybe gravel.

• Administrators

We didn't end the partnership with Aquahuna, they requested to end it with us. They wanted to stand on their own 2 legs without our advertising. They'll be treated like all other vendors on this forum for us.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:23 AM, mynameisnobody said:

@macdaddy36 could be, but honestly you can’t compare the 2. They focus on very very different things. 

Agreed. I like both Dan's and aquahuna for different reasons. 

On 4/3/2024 at 1:40 PM, FLFishChik said:

Cory is also very particular about quality.. and between Dan’s and Aqua Huna… there’s really no comparison. Not that Aqua Huna is bad.. but Dan’s is meticulous  about the quality of the fish he brings in, their source, their health, quarantine practices and shipping. Seems more in line with Cory’s mindset. 

Agreed 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to finish this thread off...

I'm hoping this is not a violation of rules as it says in the forum guidelines that Aqua Huna is still an approved vendor.

I ordered 4 plants from Aqua Huna. I got a Red Melon Sword, a Crypt spiralis, a Red Flame Sword, and an Anubias

All are fairly large. The sword and the crypts are completely out of water grown leaves still. The Crypt didn't have enough water for the journey and arrived slightly wilted.

The are from Florida Aquatic Nurseries based off the tag.

• Administrators

We have removed aquahuna from the approve vendors list. Now that they're selling plants against us, it doesn't make sense for us as a company to let them be promoted. There will be plenty of spaces on the internet where people can discuss who to buy plants from. However on our forum, it will be aquarium co-op that is talked about and recommended for live plants. Or your local retail stores.

On 4/3/2024 at 2:40 PM, FLFishChik said:

Not that Aqua Huna is bad..

I believe that Aqua Huna is primarily a wholesaler of fish with it's online retail being secondary.  I believe Dan's just does online sales but I could be wrong on that.

But for plants, buy them from aquarium co-op 🙂

There's some somewhat shady stuff going on in the aquarium plant business world. I was getting ads from a NY based supplier and since I live in NJ, I sent them an order. It's a two hour drive to their listed location so the plants would have a short shipping time. The plants came from Waterscapes Aquatic Nursery in Florida instead of NY. The plants were fine, but I was expecting them to come from a more local supplier. I think some of the wholesalers are creating virtual retail storefronts that look local, but aren't. "Shop local." Yeah. 

On 4/3/2024 at 8:53 AM, mynameisnobody said:

As I understand it, Aquahuna is not allowed to sell wholesale to WA state.  Their plants appear to be retail priced.