How I Spend My Weekends (Fri Night -Sun)

Going off of a reply I made to an earlier post… I thought I’d share how I spend my weekends and see who leads as an exciting life as I do. 😂

Starting Friday evenings… it’s Repashy making time. By Thursday night I’ve used up (or rather, the fish have) my week’s supply of Repashy… so, it’s time to make a new batch. Right now, I have Super Green and Community Plus… I combined both this time.

Now that mine and Mr. FishChik’s dinner is done, it’s time for a cuppa joe and fish feeding time. I like to sit and watch them eat while I sip my coffee.

Saturdays are tank maintenance days. Cleaning glass inside and out, trimming plants, water change if needed and just general tidying up. Also the Fertilizing day.  Spending afternoons reading about fish, checking out the forums and watching all the fish YouTube’s.  Always dreaming about my bucket list fish.

Sunday - is rest day. It’s also fish fasting day. I sometimes tend to over feed trying to make sure everyone gets some food.. so Sundays give the tank a chance catch up. Usually spend a good amount of time just enjoying the view of the tanks. They really are relaxing to watch. 

the rest of the week is busy with husbands dialysis, nurse visits, occupational therapists visits and physical therapists visits. Each one will take time to gaze at the aquariums and admire the fish. Life has changed a LOT for us in the past few months. Very grateful for the therapy my aquariums give me. Something joyful and peaceful to focus on amid the chaos. It’s the little things and moments in life that help us keep going.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 3/31/2024 at 5:47 PM, Guppysnail said:

My weekends are for all the fish projects I do not get done with normal maintenance…you know the fun ones 😄

Its also the time I just sit and watch and enjoy. 

Yep water change time, takes like 3 hours but hey, it ends up being awesome if you clean your tank! In fact, I ACTUALLY enjoy them, I think it is fun @Guppysnail! 😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 7:44 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Yep water change time, takes like 3 hours but hey, it ends up being awesome if you clean your tank! In fact, I ACTUALLY enjoy them, I think it is fun @Guppysnail! 😁

I enjoy cleaning my tanks too (I've only got 3.. so maybe that's why 😂). BUT, Having only 3 ... the 75g, a 29g and my husbands 10g Glo tank, allows me to take my time and really focus on the details and it still not take very long to do. I find it's therapeutic.

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 3

On 3/29/2024 at 3:27 PM, FLFishChik said:

I like to sit and watch them eat while I sip my coffee.

This is the best time for me too.  I'll make a post on it when I can and have to tag you, but I've started doing "extremely slow feedings" with fun results.

On 3/29/2024 at 3:27 PM, FLFishChik said:

Very grateful for the therapy my aquariums give me. Something joyful and peaceful to focus on amid the chaos. It’s the little things and moments in life that help us keep going.

Beautifully said. 🙂 

On 4/1/2024 at 8:02 PM, FLFishChik said:

I enjoy cleaning my tanks too (I've only got 3.. so maybe that's why 😂). BUT, Having only 3 ... the 75g, a 29g and my husbands 10g Glo tank, allows me to take my time and really focus on the details and it still not take very long to do. I find it's therapeutic.

Yes I have 2, one not even set up yet, so I enjoy the one tank water change every week @FLFishChik 😂

On 4/6/2024 at 8:04 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Yes I have 2, one not even set up yet, so I enjoy the one tank water change every week @FLFishChik 😂

My husband’s 10g needs a water change every week, the 29g about every 2 weeks. The 75g is new, but changed water last week and this week it’s still pretty and pristine with good numbers so we’ll wait. I just like fussing over my tanks. It gives me something to do besides laundry and household cleaning on the weekends 😂

• Haha 1