heater recommendations

Hello All,

I could use some heater recommendations. I have tried 2 different Sicce 300w scuba contactless heaters. both seem to have issues with the temperature sensor and they constantly over heat. What would you recommend for a 75 gal tank?

Are you looking for preset, or adjustable? If 78F works for the fish/inhabitants you have, I honestly like the basic Tetra preset heaters. They're widely available, very affordable, and while nothing is perfect they're no less reliable than 99% of the various heaters on the market. 

In terms of how much wattage, what's the ambient room temp, ie how hard will the heater have to work? 

If preset is okay, and ambient temp isn't too low, I'd go with a pair of 100W tetras. 

@TOtrees Preferably an adjustable heater. The current heater is a 300w meant for 65-90 gallons. the current room temp is 75. I mean its possible that I have received 2 bad ones but I don't know how likely that is and if so it brings into question Sicce's quality control. Prior to this in my 20gal I had the Aquarium co op heater but they no longer sell that. I wish they did, never had an issue with it and it maintains a constant temp. 

I see so much conflicting info on heater brand I am trying Cory's recommendation for no heater with the fish breeds I am planning.  My house stays above 68 year round

I have a great book from the 60s that gives actual information on our aquarium breeds natural temperature and geographic information 

On 3/28/2024 at 12:43 PM, johnnyxxl said:

I see so much conflicting info on heater brand I am trying Cory's recommendation for no heater with the fish breeds I am planning.  My house stays above 68 year round

I have a great book from the 60s that gives actual information on our aquarium breeds natural temperature and geographic information 

thats how i roll, no heaters in my tanks. i have them for emergency use, but do not use them. tanks tend to stay a few degrees above room temp also with heat from filters, air pumps, lighting etc.

....2 small heaters of any brand+an Inkbird will do the trick.

I would recommend 2 - 50 watt heaters. (Unless the tank is in an unheated garage, or you don't have access to warm water for water changes).