Congo Tetra vs Diamond Tetra Size Comparison

Posted (edited)

On 3/25/2024 at 9:21 PM, Fonske said:

How about adding some Golds or Silvertips as well? 😄
Just kidding, diamonds will look fabulous on their own 

well, I was planning on having a larger school of Lemon Tetra (Originally with the Congo) but NOW *cough* @Tony s *cough*... Im not sure anymore

But.. I keep going back and forth between Congos and Diamonds.

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2024 at 9:32 AM, FLFishChik said:

But.. I keep going back and forth between Congos and Diamonds.

If there is no clear winner, maybe wait until you fall in love with something else  :) 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 9:53 PM, Fonske said:

If there is no clear winner, maybe wait until you fall in love with something else  🙂

well.. problem is... I am in love... With Congos, LOL... Diamonds are the close 2nd

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 9:55 AM, FLFishChik said:

well.. problem is... I am in love... With Congos, LOL.

Ahhh...Congos got me into the hobby, lol.. I saw a tank full of them in a pet market and was smitten, in love at the first sight! Thought they were the most elegant and beautiful fish in the entire  (huge) market, better then discus and bettas even.
I'm not sure why people call congo females drab, by the way... all congos I've seen were very pretty (but it's possible they only sell immature males here). Sure, mature males get the fancy tails and more iridescence, but even without it, the species is striking, imo. 

If you're not looking for fish with some personality, go for congos :)

Add: they come in albino too, super-ethereal ))

Edited by Fonske
  • Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 9:01 AM, Fonske said:

@FLFishChik If nothing time-restricted (like a sale) is pressing you to decide right now, my advice is just wait.  Focus on something else for a while and decision will come naturally 🙂

That’s the plan. Just gonna think about for now

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 8:44 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

@FLFishChiki think they’re good choices hardy and beautiful. Although diamonds are better! Hahaha! I’m biased as I’ve got a big group and have bred them. IMG_3244.jpeg.b41f6b1f7c2578518d5b56fd1dde8c96.jpegIMG_3245.jpeg.5f06460b392b534de6f3c4feb5fdbc5f.jpegIMG_3242.jpeg.ac2e01ba2156980d9afb6bade12bf784.jpeg

Wow! They are beautiful! It was definitely a tough decision, but in the end I went with the fish that I’d been drooling over for months, lol. Maybe what I need is… ANOTHER 75g… so I can get Diamond Tetra and Praecox Rainbows 😂

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy my Congo Tetra and they are getting a bit larger then advertised for me. No complaints but they do grow. That is a full grown female guppy beside them. I have bin debating when I upgrade from a 55 to an 80 how they might look with some Gouramis or if they well get along together at all.

IMG_20240228_113657986[1].jpg

Edited by Ender97