I need suggestions on alternatives to utroculria graminifolia carpeting plant

I recently setup a new 60g cube with a sump. It's been planted for about 2 weeks today and almost all the carpeting utroculria graminifolia has broken up and floated. I have some marsilia hirsuta planted in the mid and foregrounds as well and that seems to be doing okay so far. The background crypts haven't melted so I'm stoked for that. So I'm looking to add something that will carpet. Something that resembles grass. I already have a carpeted tank with dwarg sag so I'd like something different. 

Temps are around 77 and I am doing CO2 inside the tank, but planning on moving it inline at some point soon. Lighting is a Fluval 3.0 that will be swapped out for a AI Prime pendent light by mid-summer when I get my office bonus. I'm dosing Easy Green and additional Potassium. Substate is reused Fluval Statum. Fish are a healthy mix of rummy nose, xray and red eye tetra.

image.jpeg.dddd2b0e6746b237a75eae7669a8eeb7.jpeg

image.jpeg.50e84e133b3834d6e0b32102d52ed2f8.jpeg

• Love 1

Dwarf hair grass also has pretty shallow roots and is prone to hair algae. I may try it anyway as its the closest to the UG. Helanthium tenellum 'Green' might be what I'm looking for though. Thanks! 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:54 PM, FLFishChik said:

What about Crypt Parva? Would that work?

I have thought about that. I have some in my low tech shallow office tank. It grows so super slow, even with CO2 that carpeting isn't easy to do. I suppose I could just buy several cups and see how that goes.

On 3/15/2024 at 3:38 PM, evilgenius said:

I have thought about that. I have some in my low tech shallow office tank. It grows so super slow, even with CO2 that carpeting isn't easy to do. I suppose I could just buy several cups and see how that goes.

Yeah, you’d have to buy quite a bit if you want it to look like a carpet sooner than later

I have had no luck with Littorella uniflora (though I haven't given up, and it's only MOSTLY dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.) but it's got a nice grassy look, too.

Edited to add: Oh, and Lilaeopsis brasiliensis and/or Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae

• Like 1