Wayfair Aquarium Stands

knee

Currently eyeing two stands from this website. Has anyone bought from an aquarium stand from them? 

Curious to see what other users have experienced and if the stands are of good quality. I know I can just make my own stand but my current living situation prevents me from doing a lot of DIY.  

Thinking of getting these two stands so I can still use all three of my tanks 

https://www.wayfair.com/pet/pdp/kason-aquarium-stand-w100579988.html?categoryid=0&placement=14&slot=0&sponsoredid=2cd049cd89d7c0ffbd7743be3dff9a5829c43d25da6d9b5e43377eed01502186&_txid=I%2FcmXGXwwEceP5xW%2FCSBAg%3D%3D&isB2b=0&auctionId=d6ba9cb5-6b0b-41ec-bc45-d3ed88812378

https://www.wayfair.com/pet/pdp/archie-oscar-chickerell-rectangle-aquarium-stand-w100631904.html?piid[0]=1615216300

Not sure if I’m allowed to post the links but they’re not actual fish so I assumed that it’s ok. If not allowed, I apologize to the mods and I’ll remove them  

I’ve never purchased them, but they look similar to what big box stores offer at a much more reasonable price. 

Also gotta say how much I love that there’s 3 outlets inside the cabinet. Throw some power strips on those outlets and you’ll have all the plugs you need and want, hidden from view. 

• Like 1

Looks like it should be fine. The corner posts are made of metal, so weight bearing should be no problem. Actually looks like the entire end is made of metal. If the connections between the ends is made of metal, you should be good to go 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 3:11 PM, Tony s said:

Looks like it should be fine. The corner posts are made of metal, so weight bearing should be no problem. Actually looks like the entire end is made of metal. If the connections between the ends is made of metal, you should be good to go 

I just received them yesterday and they’re all setup. All of the connections are metal and it feels sturdy. I stood on both yesterday and it felt really sturdy. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Allow me to offer an objective, impartial (and very much tongue in cheek) assessment of Wayfair's setups: 

Choose salt or fresh water livestock, but don't mix both on a single stand. Maintenance nightmare. Also the salt water tank must be sump-less, I guess. 

The goldfish tank on the bottom may have a slight overstocking problem. Maybe. Slight.

Angels with goldfish? Are we not better than this? 

No way will the plants survive with the goldfish.

No way will the plants survive in salt water. 

Ummm... where are the filters? 

Both tanks appear well lit, but a) where are the lights, and b) the light for the salt water tank needs MUCH higher kelvin. 

Curious product placement in the cupboard with the screen/mesh door: Salifert ammonia test, and Salifert flatworm medicine. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the integrated plugs on the inside of the unit, not the outside? 

One serious note: the stand appears sized to take a 75 gallon up top, but doing ROUGH math at 10lbs per gallon, it's barely rated to take the weight, after substrate and etc are included. 

Lastly, take a guess who has too much time on their hands?

🙂

On 3/22/2024 at 5:10 PM, TOtrees said:

Allow me to offer an objective, impartial (and very much tongue in cheek) assessment of Wayfair's setups: 

Choose salt or fresh water livestock, but don't mix both on a single stand. Maintenance nightmare. Also the salt water tank must be sump-less, I guess. 

The goldfish tank on the bottom may have a slight overstocking problem. Maybe. Slight.

Angels with goldfish? Are we not better than this? 

No way will the plants survive with the goldfish.

No way will the plants survive in salt water. 

Ummm... where are the filters? 

Both tanks appear well lit, but a) where are the lights, and b) the light for the salt water tank needs MUCH higher kelvin. 

Curious product placement in the cupboard with the screen/mesh door: Salifert ammonia test, and Salifert flatworm medicine. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the integrated plugs on the inside of the unit, not the outside? 

One serious note: the stand appears sized to take a 75 gallon up top, but doing ROUGH math at 10lbs per gallon, it's barely rated to take the weight, after substrate and etc are included. 

Lastly, take a guess who has too much time on their hands?

🙂

A 75g is 4ft, the dimensions of the stand are only 20.5” x 36.2” … so it’s not big enough for a 75g ( and definitely not by weight) or a 55g. Maybe a 29g tall or 40g breeder?

***EDIT***
I didn’t realize there were 2 links..  I clicked on the first one… DUH.

i am in agreement about the second though… but yeah, definitely living on the edge with regards to the weight of a 75g on that stand. 55g would work though

@knee I bought my 75g stand at Petsmart on sale for $139… so maybe if you aren’t in a hurry. Wait for a sale?

Edited by FLFishChik

On 3/22/2024 at 2:38 PM, FLFishChik said:

A 75g is 4ft, the dimensions of the stand are only 20.5” x 36.2” … so it’s not big enough for a 75g ( and definitely not by weight) or a 55g. Maybe a 29g tall or 40g breeder?

***EDIT***
I didn’t realize there were 2 links..  I clicked on the first one… DUH.

i am in agreement about the second though… but yeah, definitely living on the edge with regards to the weight of a 75g on that stand. 55g would work though

@knee I bought my 75g stand at Petsmart on sale for $139… so maybe if you aren’t in a hurry. Wait for a sale?

The 4ft stand will hold a 60B and the 3ft stand will hold a 40B and a 20 long underneath. Tbh they’re the same as the imagitarium stands but made to look prettier with shelves and the outlets. 

This was cheaper compared to having a custom stand built to my liking because I want to use all three tanks I have (and probably the 2x 5g tanks I have in storage). 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:10 PM, TOtrees said:

10lbs per gallon

I thought it was 8.34lbs/g 

On 3/22/2024 at 6:53 PM, knee said:

I thought it was 8.34lbs/g 

usually closer to 10 when you add in substrate and wood and rock. just a nice round guess

bare bottom yes  8.34lbs

On 3/22/2024 at 4:48 PM, Tony s said:

usually closer to 10 when you add in substrate and wood and rock. just a nice round guess

bare bottom yes  8.34lbs

Gotcha. I thought you were just calculating the water weight that’s why I was a bit confused. 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:00 PM, Bsquared said:

How was the wooden portions? Was it actual wood or just some particle board?

Particle board unfortunately. I did get some 2x4’s to give me some peace of mind 😂

On 3/23/2024 at 2:02 AM, Matt B said:

I have one of the metal framed stands. Rated for 660 lbs. Incredibly sturdy. The wood is medium density fiberboard (MDF). Well designed for my needs. :classic_biggrin:

Screenshot_20240323_015242_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I think I was initially gonna go with this for my 40B but chose the other one cause of the outlets 😂

• Haha 1

Just bought a Top Fin stand from Petco, and I love it! It's the best store bought stand I've ever had; and I've had quite a bit.

Their customer service is great too!

Hope you don't plan on doing any maintenance on that bottom tank. Looks like an inch of clearance. I bought a different two tier stand from them I did have to remove a middle shelf to do any maintenance.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 6:36 PM, Eno said:

Hope you don't plan on doing any maintenance on that bottom tank. Looks like an inch of clearance. I bought a different two tier stand from them I did have to remove a middle shelf to do any maintenance.

I put the 20 long and saw the clearance then removed the tank right away. I’ll probably find a shallow tank to put underneath. I’ll just keep the stand for my 20 long so I can use it for another project.