Whitecloud09’s 10 gallon planted aquarium journal

@Whitecloud09 maybe you should try some more floating plants to help give a little shade for the ones who don’t want a ton of light. And it might help keep the algae off some plant leaves too!

in my 10g I have Pennywort, guppy grass and Pearlweed floating up top which all do a really good job shading out my Anubias (which used to be covered in GSA). 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2024 at 9:25 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

@Whitecloud09 maybe you should try some more floating plants to help give a little shade for the ones who don’t want a ton of light. And it might help keep the algae off some plant leaves too!

in my 10g I have Pennywort, guppy grass and Pearlweed floating up top which all do a really good job shading out my Anubias (which used to be covered in GSA). 

Mine is covered in GSA so I will 100% try that. I only have some water sprite at the moment thx!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My tank is pretty much winning the algae battle, except for my anubias algae war and the rock in the middle has a weird algae. @Mmiller2001 the purple algae, what is that in the pic below? thanks! My minnows love their diet including, freeze dried cubed brine shrimp, pellets, flakes and frozen bloodworms. With bug bites too. things going well, easy to maintain tank, I love it.

IMG_8366.jpg

IMG_8365.jpg

IMG_8364.jpg

IMG_8363.jpg

IMG_8362.jpg

IMG_8361.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1