Anyone know what this is?

Cjbear087

On 3/10/2024 at 10:17 PM, Cjbear087 said:

Does anyone know what these little spots are on my honey gourami? Nothing seems wrong with it behaviour wise, it’s eating and doesn’t look lethargic at all. Any ideas? Thanks

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3447.jpeg

IMG_3442.jpeg

The spots  look like there internal on the first picture that might just be the light making it look like that have you added any new fish recently when did it develop these spots have you treated with any medication 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:43 PM, Colu said:

The spots  look like there internal on the first picture that might just be the light making it look like that have you added any new fish recently when did it develop these spots have you treated with any medication 

No medication, and yes I believe they are internal. The honey is my newest fish

On 3/10/2024 at 10:43 PM, Colu said:

On 3/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

What are the paremeters @Cjbear087? Best to know those before examining this

Everything is okay, zero ammonia, zero nitrite and okay nitrates

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:28 AM, Cjbear087 said:

No medication, and yes I believe they are internal. The honey is my newest fish

If there internal it could be a parasite some larvae can coil up and form a cyst around them in the muscle tissue  it's difficult to say for sure I would quarantine if you can and treat with levamisole active ingredient in expel p once a week for 4 weeks give us an update if your not seeing any change in the next couple of weeks or it gets worse if you have snails in tank i would remove them as levamisole can be  harmful to some species of snail 

• Like 1

I could have an idea of what this could be. I agree with what @Colu said about a parasite. I believe it might be fish lice, one of my aquarium guidebooks describe it as: "fish lice (argulus) are round and almost transparent, lying flat against the skin;" Is the fish scratching or rubbing itself on the substrate? That was another mentioned symptom. The book also says you can remove them with tweezers, and clean the fish with Antiseptic. However, that sounds a bit risky to me, and I recomend that you do some research (search up images to make sure your symptoms are fish lice, see if there is a safer or easier solution) before performing the treatment.

Edited by Guupy42