Whisper filters

So how oftern should i change the actual whisper filter cartridge in  my filter? I know not to change the filter floss, but the actual whisper cartridge in my filter is super bad, do i jst rinse it off or change it? There r 2, and i dont wanna mess up the ecosystem because my tank is in really good shape...

On 3/7/2024 at 12:14 PM, BIRD0887 said:

So how oftern should i change the actual whisper filter cartridge in  my filter? I know not to change the filter floss, but the actual whisper cartridge in my filter is super bad, do i jst rinse it off or change it? There r 2, and i dont wanna mess up the ecosystem because my tank is in really good shape...

You can rinse it off now or any time you want. When I used the cartridge I would rinse off every 2 weeks.

On 3/7/2024 at 12:56 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Instead of constantly replacing the cartridge, replace the cartridge once with a piece of sponge, and then all you have to do is clean the sponge instead of replace cartridges. 

Agreed replace it with something you never need to replace again 

I added sponges to my Whisper IQ filters.  The biobag is cheap (around $0.50) in bulk.  So, I just treat those as replaceable.  You will start to see bypass of water if the biobag becomes too clogged (water will start exiting from the left in the picture below).  The biobags can be squeezed out and re-used.  However, I'm lazy.  So, I always go with replacing (whether biobags or filter floss that I use in other filters).

The Whisper IQ is probably the easiest of all the filters to maintain (of those that I've owned).

filter2.jpeg

filter1.jpeg

Edited by Galabar
  • Like 1