Hey everyone!

I'll be bringing in my 5.5 gallon setup to work tomorrow and just wanted to see if any other nerms have done it! 

I've purchased some micro swords and a crypt at the LFS yesterday and I'm going to plant it up tonight. 

I'll be running a Finnex 16in on it, aquarium co-op sponge filter, and using Flourite Black Sand Substrate. 

If any of you have tips drop them here! Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

I had a Fluval Spec V on my desk at my old job. One thing I would recommend is figuring out easy ways to do water changes. I did the bucket method and did it at the end of the day every other week. Also would recommend planning ahead for when you are going to be on vacation. I had a co-worker who I showed what to feed and how often so when I was gone it was taken care of. Also hopefully you have your employer's okay it wasn't an issue with my old job but when I tried to bring it to my next job it was shut down due to liability concerns for leaks. Beyond that they are great to have and was probably my favorite tank since I saw it for 8 hours a day while working. Enjoy!

• Like 1

This is my 5 gallon tank

it has algae but I am ok with it. All the plants took like 4 months to establish. One cant expect miracles from this size, but I saw so many nice planted 5 gallons!! but the maintenance is a killer

image.jpeg.0ff63780b0995843c6732348367551d6.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 7:40 AM, maspohno said:

Hey everyone!

I'll be bringing in my 5.5 gallon setup to work tomorrow and just wanted to see if any other nerms have done it! 

I've purchased some micro swords and a crypt at the LFS yesterday and I'm going to plant it up tonight. 

I'll be running a Finnex 16in on it, aquarium co-op sponge filter, and using Flourite Black Sand Substrate. 

If any of you have tips drop them here! Thank you in advance!

I am relatively new to my company (6 months) so i am waiting until I have a little more sweat equity to bank on but I plan to get one of those rimless book shelf aquariums and doing a shrimp tank in my office.  Not sure if it'll work since the building shuts off power every night and temps can rise or drop depending on the weather outside.