Sterbai Party!

Been absent from the forum for a little bit cause, well, life can get busy.

A half a year or so back, I acquired half a dozen sterbai and they have been breeding like mad for me since.

This video is of my personal tank where I probably have about 30 or so Sterbs. I maybe have another 50 in my fish room.

First time I've had a large number of corydoras. Man, love these little guys!

• Love 6

used to have 40+ Albino Corydoras in my tank, was completely overstocked, but corydoras are even awesomer in large numbers.

I also had around 30 cory fry i was raising up one time, and the entire group would chase each other around all day,

super fun!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:19 PM, tolstoy21 said:

Been absent from the forum for a little bit cause, well, life can get busy.

A half a year or so back, I acquired half a dozen sterbai and they have been breeding like mad for me since.

This video is of my personal tank where I probably have about 30 or so Sterbs. I maybe have another 50 in my fish room.

First time I've had a large number of corydoras. Man, love these little guys!

Great looking setup! 

@Fish Folk

Here's a panoramic of the whole scape. It's the same 125g I've had for years. But it has a recent-ish make over. Still a few more plants and fish to add. But taking my time. Needs a bunch more small clusters of anubias petite and small java ferns. I'd like to have a giant school of cardinal tetras in here, but have to get some and breed them first.

I had about 10 discus in here originally, but let's just say "I'm not so good at the discus thing" and leave it at that!

IMG_8877.jpg

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Awesome sterbai!  I started spawning my six adults about two months ago, I've got ~30 around 1" or a little bigger and another 30-40 small fry coming up.  Someone needs to stop me.  😄  They're an absolute blast to raise and watch.  I've only ever had a group of 6 cories and boy is the behavior different in bigger groups even as fry.

Sorry to hear about your discus, they are pretty tough and sometimes especially so in a tank with lots of nooks and crannies!

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1