Some cool stuff at my LFS

Nice!

I’m not a Puffer keeper, but they’re really cool to see. Appears to be two different species.

Took me a minute on the Keyhole Cichlid. That looks like an old, old male. Possibly it’s a donation from someone who couldn’t keep him anymore. Notice the eye appears to have a spot.

Bottom photo… looks like an African Bushfish? Some kind of aggressive old world Anabantid…

Is there a Military Base near you by chance? Looks like maybe there’s some local market for big, strong, predatory / aggressive-looking species… 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:39 PM, Fish Folk said:

Nice!

I’m not a Puffer keeper, but they’re really cool to see. Appears to be two different species.

Took me a minute on the Keyhole Cichlid. That looks like an old, old male. Possibly it’s a donation from someone who couldn’t keep him anymore. Notice the eye appears to have a spot.

Bottom photo… looks like an African Bushfish? Some kind of aggressive old world Anabantid…

Is there a Military Base near you by chance? Looks like maybe there’s some local market for big, strong, predatory / aggressive-looking species… 

Fahaka puffer and mbu puffer, and yes it is a big ol’ bushfish and there is indeed several military bases in my area 

Edited by BlueLineAquaticsSC
  • Love 1