Joshua14

This will be about the 8th time I've raised Cory cats. It's so rewarding and fun. These guys are about a month old now and then the fun begins. I'll drop them into a 10 gallon filled half way and as they grow I'll raise the water level gradually. Until then they get daily water changes. I find this part to be very exciting because once I put them into a larger body of water they seem to grow very fast after that.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

@Joshua14 I am also raising corys. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of them. Started with approx 60 and now have about 12 left. This is my first time raising them. I'm wondering why you only fill the tank half way. Also, what did you feed them. I couldn't get my hands on live Baby Shrimp, so I had to rely on a powder version of baby shrimp. 

@MaxM I like to keep them in as little water as possible. For me it makes water changes easy, and it makes feeding easier. With less water they find the food easier in my opinion. 

As far as foods go. I try to feed them 3 times a day. What I like to do is get a grinder and mortar then add whatever food you like and turn it to a dust.

The ingredients I use for my fry food are algae wafers, bug bite flake, new life spectrum, and tubifex worms. I then dump it all into a little baby food jar, and add a decent amount of spirulina powder to the mix. 

I hope this helps you. Sorry for your losses. 

Another tip I would throw out there is I also make sure I give them a water change daily. Replacing with water from a seasoned tank.

Edited by Joshua14
  • Like 1