Hi from Ohio!

Manringjk

My name is Julia, and I am brand new to the forum! I feel so welcomed by the community here (far more helpful and nice than Facebook)

I got into the hobby fairly recently and haven’t looked back! I have a 20g community tank with pea puffers (the little menaces), yo yo loaches, kuhli loaches, an assortment of Cory’s and some dwarf gouramis. I also have a nano with some endlers and ADFS that I would love to get babies from and a 10g with a dragon scale betta (the only one with a name, Bucephalus) 

I think my next move will be to get another 20g with an apisto pair and some friends and in the future I’d love to get into angels once I have more space for a bigger tank. 

so excited to be part of this community!

IMG_4315.jpeg

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

• Like 4

On 12/29/2023 at 10:21 PM, Rewcolee1 said:

I typically go to RMS Aquaculture, but I also do like Something Fishy as well as Aquatica Aquarium Gallery. 

just wish there was something over here on the East Side. (Mentor)

@Rewcolee1 I loved going to RMS Aquaculture when I was young. They had two locations back then. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Billipo hopefully you come when it’s not so frigid! 

Something Fishy is mostly cichlids but his tanks are beautifully clean and the fish are fantastic. Prices are reasonable too! I got A school of some of the biggest and healthiest looking neon tetras I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t recommend this place enough 

RMS is more like a warehouse and the one time I’ve gone they didn’t have a ton in stock. To me it felt more like going to a big box store only in that they have a bunch of tanks and employees so not so much the small LFS experience I’ve been used to. I got a pair of kribensis from there though and they are doing well so far! 

Edited by Manringjk

Agreed 100% with Manringjk. RMS has been my go to, but they have been struggling with stocking issues for sure. Something Fishy is fantastic and definitely specialize in Cichlids.

I’ve never been to Agnoquatics, but I’ve heard good things.

Actually just went to Agnonautics today. Small shop but the people were very nice and helpful. Good looking fish, lots of plecos and community type fish and discus with a couple cichlids and big fish. I ended up getting a really nice school of green tiger barbs and a pair of golden rams—both of which I’ve yet to see in an LFS

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Manringjk,hello! I am new to this forum too! Kinda new anyways..been here for almost a month! Welcome and yes I agree that people are super nice and helpful. Love your tanks!

On 12/29/2023 at 9:37 PM, Manringjk said:

My name is Julia, and I am brand new to the forum! I feel so welcomed by the community here (far more helpful and nice than Facebook)

I got into the hobby fairly recently and haven’t looked back! I have a 20g community tank with pea puffers (the little menaces), yo yo loaches, kuhli loaches, an assortment of Cory’s and some dwarf gouramis. I also have a nano with some endlers and ADFS that I would love to get babies from and a 10g with a dragon scale betta (the only one with a name, Bucephalus) 

I think my next move will be to get another 20g with an apisto pair and some friends and in the future I’d love to get into angels once I have more space for a bigger tank. 

so excited to be part of this community!

IMG_4315.jpeg

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

So cool!