So I"m an idiot

reefhugger

Okay, here it is.  I decided to gift myself some nice looking light holders instead of having the lights splayed inconveniently across my tanks.  The holders are mounted on the side rims of the tanks.  I carefully measure the width of the tank rims  and the lengths of each light.  I order the holders...they are attractive and well made.   At NO time does it dawn on me that the glass covers over each tank fit flush to the sides.  And this is even after LIFTING the glass covers so I can measure!   So do I get the idiot award for the year?  

• Haha 3

On 12/17/2023 at 7:10 AM, reefhugger said:

Okay, here it is.  I decided to gift myself some nice looking light holders instead of having the lights splayed inconveniently across my tanks.  The holders are mounted on the side rims of the tanks.  I carefully measure the width of the tank rims  and the lengths of each light.  I order the holders...they are attractive and well made.   At NO time does it dawn on me that the glass covers over each tank fit flush to the sides.  And this is even after LIFTING the glass covers so I can measure!   So do I get the idiot award for the year?  

The competition is tough, but you are a contender.

The devil is in the details, and you missed a big one; who hasn't?  

• Like 1