Hi everybody from Fort Myers FL

aqualust Bill

Hello everyone, 

My name is Bill and I have a fish tank problem... Wait wrong place. Or is it? Hummm...

I got in to the hobby when my Ex GF got a tank from a big box store and of course she was mislead about what she needed to do. Things went bad one-day and I got a call that all the fish were dieing. I ran to the store and got meds after begging them to unlock the doors when I arrived. Unfortunately it was too late and they didn't make it.

I then when down a rabbit hole trying to figure out what happened. Thanks when I found Aquascaping. I was inspired from tanks from Aquapros and many others. I wanted to make my own. I then acquiring a lot of education from Cory and the group of YouTube creators related to the channel. I have went off the deep end 😂.  Admitted to myself I'm a water snob lol I now do RODI water as my tap is less than desirable and once you learn to much you don't want to drink that anyway 😆

I'm up to 3 tanks. 2 are scapes and trying my best to fight the urge to fill my house with fish tanks lol. In it for a few years now. Far from a pro and learning everyday. I love to learn. 

I have been searching for like minded people to continue education and not be in fear to ask a question because of the "jerks" found in many places. 

Most of my plants are from ACO. My dogs name is Charlie and pea puffers are my favorite fish 😊

PXL_20231210_225306971.TS_exported_0~2.jpg

PXL_20231209_003841794.jpg

PXL_20231207_225654686_exported_2146_1702068897936.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Welcome Bill!

Just replace girlfriend with kids and your story is basically the same as mine. Get pulled in bit knowing what I'm doing, failing, looking up how to keep fish alive, finding out what's possible, and getting hooked.

Your tanks look great! I really like the sunset look of the background on the second tank (but sure if that's intentional or not)

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, Schuyler said:

Welcome Bill!

Just replace girlfriend with kids and your story is basically the same as mine. Get pulled in bit knowing what I'm doing, failing, looking up how to keep fish alive, finding out what's possible, and getting hooked.

Your tanks look great! I really like the sunset look of the background on the second tank (but sure if that's intentional or not)

Thank you, yes that backlighting is great for a sunset look. The light is wild. Does lighting storm and comes with speakers and plays its own tracks (like thunder and rain to do with the lights) and some very relaxing music. Really sets the time of the house. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, aqualust Bill said:

Does lighting storm and comes with speakers and plays its own tracks (like thunder and rain to do with the lights)

I have heard that those can help to trigger corys to spawn. If you pair that with a big water change (especially if a front is coming in and the pressure is changing).

I haven't tried this myself but it seems reasonable 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 1:36 AM, AAE said:

@aqualust Bill, welcome!  May I ask why pea puffers are your favorite?  Great photos of your tanks and your dog looks very happy!  Andy

They have such personalities. Over the few years and few I have had they all have been different. All interact with me in different ways. I do prefer the smaller fish as all my my takes are scapes and large fish would never fit the prospective. I about to post about the new 29g tank I just set up for the puffers 😊