Easy Flow Kit Available Now

GoofyGarra

I just got this kit installed.  It moves WAY MORE water than the sponge filter without this kit. Very impressed. Another excellent (and INEXPENSIVE!) product from Aquarium Coop. I gotta say @Cory, you saw a need in the hobby I didn't know I had, and filled it. Now I'm not going to run a sponge filter without one of these things.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 12/6/2023 at 5:38 PM, AndyP said:

I just got this kit installed.  It moves WAY MORE water than the sponge filter without this kit. Very impressed. Another excellent (and INEXPENSIVE!) product from Aquarium Coop. I gotta say @Cory, you saw a need in the hobby I didn't know I had, and filled it. Now I'm not going to run a sponge filter without one of these things.

@AndyP I'm really excited for this product, most people have a great reaction to it. I fall in love with stuff, but not everyone has the same needs, but I think everyone sees more flow as better.

The easy flow kit is incredible!! :classic_biggrin:.  Great flow and its now sooo quite with everything installed. And the USB pump that's attached to it had been starting to make noise, it's now running silent! ...My guess is unrestricted flow? It's really got the duck weed moving!! :classic_laugh: I'm definitely going to be ordering more of these! :classic_biggrin:

20231207_180859.jpg

20231207_180412.jpg

20231207_180523(0).jpg

For those already using the easy flow kit, anyone also have a co2 difuser too?  Where should you put the difuser?  Under the sponge filter or in the opposite corner?  Or in the middle of the tank?  I have my sponge filter in the back right corner.

I just installed an easy flow kit on to my Undergravel Filter plate in my 17 gallon fish bowl sphere. @Cory

I used a 3/4 female solvent weld to 3/4 threaded adapter from Home depot for $2.00 and change.

i cut all but 1/4 inch of the threaded section off the fitting and then used a file to file down the threads evenly around it to make a snug fit on the Easy Flow air collar.

I then cut off all but 1/2 inch of the solvent weld side of the adapter to shorten it.  I cut of an  1 1/2 of my original UGF riser tube.  It fits loosely in the pvc fitting.  I used 3M 4200 polyurethane sealant to glue the original ugf air riser stub in the fitting and used q tips to wipe up squeeze out and make sure it was smooth and neat looking and allowed the sealant to cure overnight.

IMG_2292.jpeg.0739c74158a95bbbb01b243903ba3fe5.jpeg

Next morning I removed the original air riser and replaced with my adapeter and Easy Flow kit.

The increase in flow is astonishing…

I will be buying several more kits to adapt all of my UGFs to them now that proof of concept has proven itself.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 7:08 AM, RichNJ said:

For those already using the easy flow kit, anyone also have a co2 difuser too?

I have the Easy Flow and co2 in 2 of my tanks. Both have the sponge filter in the back left with the kit, and the co2 diffuser in then front right. Also, both tanks have another filter (one is a 107 and the other is an internal filter with a little spray bar). Essentially, co2 comes out of the diffuser, starts to rise, the 107 or the internal filter pushes it back down and across the tank, the bubbles rise again, and then the Easy Flow pushes it back across the tank. Has worked well for me thus far. 

Edited by AllFishNoBrakes

Just installed mine, and it works great. It's producing a really strong current which my guppies are having a blast playing in, there are areas they just rocket through, then turn around and do it again. I'm torn between being half concerned it's too strong and amusement.  But I figure there are enough other baffled areas with plants they could rest in if it was a problem.

image.png.6f46f6bd747b6fb1dc21e7eb3bc0970e.png

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:13 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

I have the Easy Flow and co2 in 2 of my tanks. Both have the sponge filter in the back left with the kit, and the co2 diffuser in then front right. Also, both tanks have another filter (one is a 107 and the other is an internal filter with a little spray bar). Essentially, co2 comes out of the diffuser, starts to rise, the 107 or the internal filter pushes it back down and across the tank, the bubbles rise again, and then then Easy Flow pushes it back across the tank. Has worked well for me thus far. 

@AllFishNoBrakes

so if you didn’t have the secondary filters and had sponge filter only, where would you put the diffuser?

On 12/12/2023 at 1:28 PM, RichNJ said:

@AllFishNoBrakes

so if you didn’t have the secondary filters and had sponge filter only, where would you put the diffuser?

I run CO2 on one of my 40 breeders and use sponge filters in all of my tanks. In the tank with co2 I have the filter in the left rear corner of the tank, and the co2 diffuser is in the right front corner of the tank. It is probably the area in the tank with the least amount of flow so that the co2 bubbles have plenty of time to dissolve into the water column before reaching the surface.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 1:49 PM, Cory said:

I've got some ideas on what I'd like to see out of an undergravel filter. So many projects... only so much time. Maybe some day you won't have to diy your own adapters 😉

I have no doubt a lager diameter air collar that is made for the size of the UGF air risers would flow even better.  Small increases in pipe lumen diameter significantly increases cross section percentages.

But until that is available for sale, this simple cheap mod dramatically increases flow through the UGF.  

On 12/6/2023 at 12:02 PM, AndyP said:

I can't believe no one has thought of this sooner.

If you mean the curved heads... Swiss Tropicals did. The Jetlifter has been available for a long time... but with a much heftier price. 

I copied their design with clear PVC piping for my UGFs but the air collar is such a Godsend. Definitely have to incorporate one in the present design. The sponge filters will all get the upgrade for Christmas!

• Like 1

All I want for Christmas is some Super Nano Nermys!! :classic_laugh:.  This was soooo easy to install!  These are definitely game changers! The difference is really obvious when placed side by side.. Awesome flow with these little guys and sooo much easier to assemble without the need for an airstone!! :classic_biggrin:

20231212_153458.jpg

20231212_152437(0).jpg

20231212_124150.jpg

20231212_123700.jpg

20231212_115936(0).jpg

• Haha 1

just got mine, im impressed. Im getting crazy amounts of flow now which my flow-loving fish are loving, and im getting better suction through my sponge filter now. Ill definitely get some for my other sponge filters in the future.

IMG_1575.jpg.2f9cbf7c909e2268d6709fa91d003023.jpg

Edited by GoofyGarra
  • Like 3