HELP! FISH ARE DYING

Jorge54

On 11/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, Guppysnail said:

Do you always use nuetral regulator? If not what made you choose to use it now?

Did you remember dechlorinator?

Listing your normal water parameters and current water parameters are going to help folks help you. 

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph are the important ones. 

My Ph has been high so that why I used it. 

Yes 

17010194032642312696752799597013.jpg

Ammonia.....You have significant ammonia.

I would continue with the dechlorinated water changes....perhaps twice a day. You can use a product like Prime to "detoxify" ammonia for 24-48 hours.

As for water change volume...I would consider 50% safe.....even twice a day, to bring that ammonia down. That will treat the symptom, but it would be helpful to find the reason the ammonia spiked in an established tank. Something either harmed the beneficial bacterial, or there could be dead fish still decomposing in the tank.

Edited by quikv6
  • Like 2

First question I had looking at the tank photos is what is your filtration and how is it setup?

Very high ammonia, so you should do an immediate 80-90% water change and test daily for ammonia.  You can use dechlorinator once every 24 hours. Double dose it for this instance, perfectly safe to do so.  Following that, you'd want to do a max 50% water change daily until the ammonia and nitrite is no longer an issue.

As a general rule, if you do a water change and "something went wrong" with an additive, the guidelines are to add some carbon and do a big water change.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1