What is the most annoying thing your fish do?

tolstoy21

On 11/13/2023 at 11:39 PM, Stef said:

My BN Pleco digging non stop

On 11/14/2023 at 1:38 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Might stop if it has a cave?

I'll put out caves for mine and they dig out a spot underneath them!

On 11/12/2023 at 11:47 AM, Ogpulchra2 said:

It's pretty annoying when they swim too close to the gravel vac. I always check the bucket water before I dump it. 

I get this with young fish or fry.  Then seems so curious. It's like they cannot fight the urge to peak inside the vac. I cannot keep them from getting siphoned up! Sure I can put a sponge on the end of the vac, but that prevents me from actually cleaning the tank bottom.

I also check the buckets.

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2023 at 10:03 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I guess I have had some very well behaved plecos. 😂

Mine were too, until about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  They would stir things up a smidgen here and there, then suddenly, full on digging wars.  It was like they decided this was how they were going to prove what good daddies they could be.  Ignore the female going in and out of the cave she prefers and completely dig out underneath the hardscape.  Sure, that’s going to impress her.  🙄  It’s like the wife asking for jewelry for her birthday and hubby gets her a vacuum cleaner!  🤦🏻‍♀️ Not the same, dude!  😂 🤣 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My old Betta, Cloud used to love to cling to the filter and refuse to eat food. (He was very healthy mind you though). It was just annoying that he would refuse to eat because I would have to clean his mess. 

I spend a lot of time trying to work out just how my Tiger Teddies have managed to survive for as long as they have. They like to squeeze themselves into snail and planaria traps. Had to give up on the old water bottle snail trap as they'd swim in, get trapped (despite an exit several times bigger than they are and at eye level), and wedge themselves into the seams until they were crushed to death.

Other fun behavior? "Let's all see where this siphon goes, I'm sure there's something good on the other side."

I will say that the same things that make them a pain to keep also make them very easy to catch for a fish club auction. I dip the blue net into the tank to snag a single juvenile and every other fish in there swims over to see what it is.

• Like 1