Mystery snail infestation

Sooooo I might have made a mistake of putting two mystery snails in the same tank and long story short there are now millions of baby snails in my tank. Don’t get me wrong I love free snails but I’m not sure I need the hundreds currently in my tank. They are still VERY small and everywhere. I do have a pet store who takes fry and snails but it is about an hour away and I’ll like to save it as last resort. What should/can I do with all these snails? Does anyone want free mystery snail? 😂

Edited by iwanttostayanonymous 92074

On 10/30/2023 at 2:29 PM, iwanttostayanonymous 92074 said:

Sooooo I might have made a mistake of putting two mystery snails in the same tank and long story short there are now millions of baby snails in my tank. Don’t get me wrong I love free snails but I’m not sure I need the hundreds currently in my tank. They are still VERY small and everywhere. I do have a pet store who takes fry and snails but it is about an hour away and I’ll like to save it as last resort. What should/can I do with all these snails? Does anyone want free mystery snail? 😂

Are you sure they are mystery snails?  Mystery snails lay eggs above the water line that are easy to find and discard. It's possible you missed one but it's also much more likely that it's a different species of snail and a pest snail. Putting 2 mystery snails in a tank is not a mistake. I've put 20 in a tank and not had them reproduce before. 

Edited by Cinnebuns

On 10/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, iwanttostayanonymous 92074 said:

Sadly I live on the other side of the country in Ohio. 😂

There is no sadness in The Heart Of It All!

If you aren't 100% on the snail identification, post a picture of snails if you can.