Finally a pair?

Odd Duck

I seem to finally have another pair out of my angel tank.  The darker gold koi was a fairly new addition and she(?) is pairing up with one I’ve had for months.  Breeding tubes are starting to partially drop but only out a little then quickly back in so far.  They are picking and cleaning some new sword leaves I just added and bossing around the whole tank today.  I have the pair hanging around the middle and towards the right end.  Everyone else is hanging around crowded into the left 1/3 of the tank.  😆 

I’ll be moving the pair tomorrow to my 29 G after I do a big water change on it (which was planned for tomorrow anyway).  Tomorrow is 75, 29, and 20 high WC day.

71816540389__64916330-72F4-4448-AC84-8352E9150296.jpeg

71816442985__9A70E605-94A7-4B96-80EE-05D5DA58817B.jpeg

• Love 6

• 5 weeks later...

Nope.  Fiddled around for a while, cleaned leaves.  She even partially dropped her tube.  But nothing yet.  They still act like a pair, but I’ll probably need to switch them out with my BSP pair that hasn’t done anything since I moved them to their own tank.  They’re in the process of cleaning some new leaves now.  🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:49 AM, Rube_Goldfish said:

It's funny how much I become, to the fish, like that family member to newlyweds: "when are you going to have babies already!?"

So very true!  My replacement colony of super red plecos is growing up and the largest just started showing bristles.  I’m like, “Alrighty then, GET IN THAT CAVE!!!”  😆 😂 🤣 

• Haha 1