Fieryblack Shiner 🔥

Fish Folk

Very cool fish! There is nothing so special in this hobby as catching the fish yourself and then raising them up to eventually rear fry from them. These fish look amazing and remind me of the Sawbwa rasbora; I had no idea until just now that such a fish like that existed in the United states! I wish you both the best of luck with them and a nice documentation of your journeys thus far.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2024 at 12:38 AM, AquaHobbyist123 said:

Well, I have one male ready to go! He's been guarding a spot between 2 rocks for a bit, pursuing too young and unready females that venture near.

Can you snap a few photos? or upload a YouTube video? I'm interested in seeing what the rock-work you've constructed looks like for them. Very excited for you!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:02 AM, AquaHobbyist123 said:

Sure thing, was waiting for it to upload. Alot of the rocks and sand were collected at the same location as the shiners.

That looks like a male Warpaint Shiner there guarding the rock hollow.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 7:27 AM, Fish Folk said:

That looks like a male Warpaint Shiner there guarding the rock hollow.

I only have 1 warpaint shiner at this time, which can barely be seen off to left in the background. My camera footage is poor but I was also coming off an algae bloom and the water is still a little cloudy. I also have a different kind of lighting, with 2 A20 spotlights, so there are some shadows in the tank as well, and these factors make the colors hard to see, except for in person, but I assure you it's a Fieryblack.

20240103_081906.jpg

20240103_082141.jpg

20240103_082149.jpg

20240103_082125.jpg

Sorry, can't see the Fieryblack real well in those photos. 

Sorry, can't see the Fieryblack real well in those photos. Warpaint is on the right in the first photo only.

• 1 month later...