Non-pet animal photos and videos

Ninjoma

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea that is very neat! I love my crows. I put out soaked up dog food and I believe they have a scout watching for me each morning. They show up soon after I put it out. They also recognize my car from the other apartment residents and when I drive in from somewhere, sometimes they will come over into the trees to see if I’m going to put anything else out for them. 😃That’s really something how they follow your cars! I didn’t realize they do that.

Do they ever leave things for you? Mine don’t for me, but it would be very neat! I’ve read about them doing so for other people who feed them. I’m just thrilled that when I go out & theyre nearby, they’ll come over into the trees near me! 😃

• Love 1

On 11/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, Pokey said:

Do they ever leave things for you?

No they haven’t but sometimes we can have a back and forth conversation. We always call pss pss pss followed by 3 tongue clicks. Whether it is my husband or me feeding, we always do that. And they will reply to us. Then we feed peanuts in the shell. Given the choice of peanuts, they always want the ones in the shell. They like puzzles, I think? They will eat bird seed if there are no peanuts, but aren’t really that crazy about it.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, Pokey said:

That’s really something how they follow your cars! I didn’t realize they do that.

I was skeptical about it when my husband told me, but hiccup crow has a very specific language. He started calling about 2.5 hrs into my shift (!!)

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 10:23 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Our “hiccup crow” that we feed in our backyard followed me 19 miles to work! Turn the volume up and you will see why he is hiccup crow. And he is soaking wet in the rain!

A few months ago another crow followed my husband to work, about the same distance.

I've never managed to feed the crows around me.  They won't come to the ground.  The very tip of the fir tree in my yard is as close as they get.  While they won't land, If I am looking out the window around sunrise, I will see squadrons of crows, 25 or more passing overhead.   There might be more, or less somedays, but I'm not willing to get out of bed to count them.

• Haha 2