Repashy Samples Sold Anywhere?

Janet C.

Being on a budget*  I would like to know my bristlenose Plecos (and babies) and my few Amano shrimp (grand total of 2) will actually eat what I buy.They are in my 10 gal. 

The other tank I adopted (12 gal bookcase) came with a handful of fish (platys, tetras, and a molly, and a super red Pleco) and the previous owner only fed them goldfish food. 

I want to step up the game a bit, but don’t want to buy something that will go to waste. 

Is there any place that sells Repashy samples? Or samples of any fish food for that matter!

*budget and aquariums….I’m finding they may not belong I. The same sentence 😉

Hello @Janet C. Welcome to the forums.

I don't know of samples being sold anywhere. You can get small sizes from the repashy website itself.  I just buy the bottles available from the co-op.  Some flavors they don't have on offer anymore.

Of note, you can't go wrong with soilent green.  It's a very good all around food for basically everything you have.  Community blend also will do well and is just a generic gel food that is of high quality. 

Thank you. Feeling sheepish I didn’t check the Repashy site first. As with many things, sometimes it pays to buy a smaller quantity, albeit more expensive “per unit”’than a larger quantity would be, just to be sure it’s something one likes it will use…or rather ones fish will use 🙂. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Janet C. said:

Thank you. Feeling sheepish I didn’t check the Repashy site first. As with many things, sometimes it pays to buy a smaller quantity, albeit more expensive “per unit”’than a larger quantity would be, just to be sure it’s something one likes it will use…or rather ones fish will use 🙂. Thanks. 

entirely understandable.  There is the added benefit of larger / smaller sizes, but it's also just different flavors.  Spawn and grow I think is one I'd love to try, but it's no longer on the co-op site.

I've never had a fish be upset with repashy.  Take that for what you will.  Especially the bottom feeders or fish that will eat off the bottom, it's a great food.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:17 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

I've never had a fish be upset with repashy.  Take that for what you will.  Especially the bottom feeders or fish that will eat off the bottom, it's a great food.

Just a quick chime-in of agreement.  Soilent  green and community plus are two I use consistently as it seems everyone in the tanks- all the critters including bottom feeders and snails, flock to it.   It seems to get eaten  thoroughly so keeps the tank a bit cleaner too.   

• Like 1

I don't have access to any, but from what I remember, based on @Chick-In-Of-TheSea, @Guppysnail and @beastie's experiences, soilent green seems to be community favorite and community formula is not accepted as well as soilent green. They may share their own experience

If you are short on budget and wanna try one, I guess soilent green might be a good choice to try

@Janet C. just this morning @TeeJay was perusing the Repashy website. He said they have small 3 oz jars of most available varieties and they are less expensive than other places. You may want to check the Repashy website and try a few and find what your kids like best. Mine like soilent green and spawn n grow but are not fond of community. 

• Like 1

I just bought the 3 oz super green one as nothing else was available here (aka soilent which i initially wanted). I fed with it like four times already and barely took out a spoonful. By mixing with water you go through the stock slowly, unless you have a large fishroom. Justifies the price too, since yes, it is expensive, but seems to last quite some time