What is my GH

Lycramosa

I'm using the Aquarium Co-op Test strips and it gave me this light pinkish purple color for the gh.  I'm not sure if that means it's high or what. I tested it twice and followed the directions by swirling it in the tank for 3 seconds and then waited 1 minute before reading it. 

20230704_171920~2.jpg

• Like 1

I've never seen that result before when using Aquarium Co-Op test strips.  Interesting... 😵‍💫

However, I do get a purple GH color that I'm unable to interpret:

test1.jpg

Actually, now that I look at it through a picture, it seems somewhat close to what you are seeing...

Edited by Galabar

The video was very informative! Thank you!

However, I'm still getting the same results after trying the towel method. It doesn't look like there's bleeding from anything onto the hardness/GH pad, and I've tried two more times in the same tank and one in another tank with the same results. This weird light purple pink color. Definitely not a blue or true purple to really be able to tell what it is.  I havent had this issue before with these strips.  I believe they are the ones with the nitrate pad coming off, that samw batch, but i havent had any issues with that.  

I do have an API liquid test kit I can dust off. I hope it's not expired 😕 

20230705_102023.jpg.c4910ce8214eb9309cb110156563a5a5.jpg20230705_102002.jpg.4084d7ad0cf406fd961d187fb2935539.jpg

20230705_101239.jpg

20230705_102855.jpg

On 7/4/2023 at 6:42 PM, Galabar said:

I've never seen that result before when using Aquarium Co-Op test strips.  Interesting... 😵‍💫

However, I do get a purple GH color that I'm unable to interpret:

test1.jpg

Actually, now that I look at it through a picture, it seems somewhat close to what you are seeing...

Those are the same colors I get each time I test.  I have also considered it to be off the scale to the right.  My local waterworks says I'm wrong, a chemist said I'm right.  Hopefully Amazon will deliver the GH-KH test kit tomorrow and we will see.