faded.mallard

Hi all,

I posted in February asking if my betta fish, Benedict, was developing a tumor and what I should do. I feel that I personally didn’t really get enough answers.

So, I decided to quarantine him in Feb for a week and gave him a Kanaplex treatment. I thought this helped for a while, but the growth got bigger and white.

Since then, I’ve tried two rounds of the aquarium co-op trio method. Didn’t seem to improve.

Last week I noticed that the growth looked open and pink, so I did a round of Maracyn with the manufacturer’s directions. I started that treatment last Monday and today I did a 50% water change. His condition has seemed to worsen.

I’ve also tried aquarium salt in conjunction with the medication, but I couldn’t tell if that helped. I’ve just put almond leaves in the tank today because I’m not sure what else to do, because I don’t even know what the problem is.

My tank is 5 gallons and has live plants, a sponge filter, heater that was set to 79 and is now set to 75, and my water parameters are where they should be. 

The only GOOD thing is that Benedict still has a great appetite and is able to swim around normally. He acts like there’s not even a problem. 

Please help us. I’m not sure what to do anymore and I don’t want to lose my fishy friend due to not knowing what’s wrong.

(The first picture shown is when I first noticed the bump. The second picture is badly lit but that was when it turned white while in quarantine. The last two are from today.)

IMG_1215.jpeg

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1214.jpeg

IMG_1211.jpeg

Edited by faded.mallard

Could be a  granuloma treatment wise these not a lot I could recommend that you haven't tried and fact you haven't seen any improvement means your more than likely dealing a tumor what I would do is monitor him closely when you think it's the right time I would humanly euthanizing him with clove oil sorry I couldn't be more helpful @faded.mallard

@faded.mallard

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

Do you mind explaining what a granuloma is? Also the only other things I haven’t tried are a paracleanse-only treatment and I haven’t tried giving Kanaplex through food.

If you think those treatments won’t help, then I guess we’ll just have to deal with it until it’s time. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it 

Edited by faded.mallard

Granuloma can be caused by mycobacterium infection they can causes skin lesions it can also be caused by a foreign body  in the skin causing a reaction I think it's more  than likely your deal with a cancerous growth kanaplex isn't a very effective medication in food as it poorly absorbed by the intestinal tract I don't think paracleanse would be effective as your not dealing with a parasitic infection @faded.mallard

@faded.mallard

Edited by Colu
Keeps repeating the text I put in