Proposal for an Official Aquarium Co-Op Discord

BillyJBryant

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I didn't want to revive a zombie post (see below); however, I did want to resurface the topic of having an Official Aquarium Co-Op Discord for the community. 

For those unfamiliar, Discord is this great chat app that allows for real-time discussion on all sorts of topics. It's like the forum, but live and with different channels where we could dive into specific subjects, in addition to the added ability to have voice chat, video streaming, and community hosted events

I honestly think it could be a really cool addition to the community. I it is also my opinion that a Discord server wouldn't take away from the forum. Instead, it could give us another place to connect, share, and learn from one another.

Discord's gotten really good at moderation tools, too, which means we can make sure our server stays just as friendly and positive as this forum.

I'd be more than happy to help get this set up and keep things running smoothly. I've done some work with Discord moderation before and really value having respectful and inclusive spaces where we can all contribute and learn.

Before anything moves forward, I wanted to touch base with all of you and the Aquarium Co-Op team. I think it's really important that any steps we take are in line with what the community wants.

What do you all think? And Aquarium Co-Op team, would this be something you'd be open to?

Thanks for considering this idea, and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, BillyJBryant said:

I'd be more than happy to help get this set up and keep things running smoothly. I've done some work with Discord moderation before and really value having respectful and inclusive spaces where we can all contribute and learn.

I've made a discord for a massive community, Marvel Strike Force Recruitment Discord (it's an online game) for a few thousand people, as well and I know there's quite a few ways to make a successful discord.

I think it would be awesome if we had one for the forums, just to make it easier to chat with one another and talk a bit more directly if people choose to!  It would be a fun project and hopefully a fruitful one.  Green aqua has a great discord as well as Bentley, Simply Betta, and so many others.

I did hear on the stream Cory was discussing this and said they are researching how to get this done.  Thankfully in the past couple of months Discord has added a lot of great community tools and there is a lot of things in process.  Community servers are now a thing as well as stuff like auto-mods, live presentations, and so on. 

Having a server for the forums would be great.  Having a server as an option for members (and the attached fish club) would be awesome as well.

Happy to help, as always with anything I can.

Welcome to the forums @BillyJBryant!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1