Bolivian ram feeding advice

beastie

Hi

so I have few two week old bolivian ram fry. They are still so tiny, in a separate tank, and I have large trouble feeding them. I tried freshly hatched bbs again, and I see the fry attempting to eat it but spitting it out, so it is still too large for it. I alternate hikari first bites and microworms, but I do not know if they actually eat any of that. I also lost a few in the past few days, could be because of the feeding.

any tips please? They are the size of a pinhead and there are only five left 😞

For my German blue ram hatchlings I used sera micron, golden pearls 5-50. 
If you have a mortar and pestle you can grind flake until it is powder small enough it seems to dissolve in the water until you can get ahold of ultra tiny powder. 
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 12:54 AM, beastie said:

tried freshly hatched bbs again, and I see the fry attempting to eat it but spitting it out, so it is still too large for it. I alternate hikari first bites and microworms, but I do not know if they actually eat any of that. I also lost a few in the past few days, could be because of the feeding.

They spit food out normally. It's their way of chewing.

You can use repashy powder (just use it like any powder food) as well as something like sera micron. All of those should work fine.

• Like 2

Thank you guys. I don't know if they are eating the micro worms or not since i can't really see them once i put the worms in the water.

I will crush some other food and keep trying. I assumed they would grow up a bit faster 😞