Carnivore pellet for staple diet

CJs Aquatics

My picky eaters eat massivore pellets, well 2 of the 3 do I’m hopeful the third will join the bandwagon. Can anyone recommend  a carnivore pellet with great ingredients the same quality or better then massivore pellets? I would love to give some new things a try and see if they like it better

I use a lot of Kens fish foods. They make meat wafers as well as other pellets up to 12.5 mm. @dasaltemelosguyrecently tried both the 7.5 mm and 12.5 mm for his Oscar and other fish at my suggestion with great success. All my very picky eaters love most of the Kens pellet/wafer/granule offerings. They actually go crazy for them to the point they are less enthusiastic about other foods. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:57 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

@Guppysnail what’s the meat pellet/ wafer Ken’s fish foods offers called? 

It’s actually called Kens Ultra Meat Wafer 🤣 Those are one size fits all. The high protein pellets that come in sizes are Called something else I don’t have large fish so don’t remember. But do remember earth worms being an ingredient in those. 
Just a thought for variety, my neighbor has been a big fish guy for decades. He swears by earthworms. He buys them where they sell fishing bait. I watched his big kids go bonkers over those. He actually dices earthworms up for his smaller fish. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:51 PM, Guppysnail said:

I use a lot of Kens fish foods. They make meat wafers as well as other pellets up to 12.5 mm. @dasaltemelosguyrecently tried both the 7.5 mm and 12.5 mm for his Oscar and other fish at my suggestion with great success. All my very picky eaters love most of the Kens pellet/wafer/granule offerings. They actually go crazy for them to the point they are less enthusiastic about other foods. 

I truly didn’t think the change in food would have such an obvious effect, but it did. I was using more generic stuff like Hikari pellets and Tetra but when I switched to Ken’s, about a month in, I saw colors, growth and breeding increase. Initially, I doubted my own eyes but over time it became ever more obvious. All of my tanks exhibited all of these improvements, but especially growth.

With some of the more personable fish, there’s a sense of more enthusiasm for this food over the previous foods but it’s much more obvious with my Oscar. My Oscar has a definite preference towards it. Prior to Ken’s, he ate what everyone else ate. Now he’ll actually refuse the previous food, even with the others chowing down and he'll just stare at me, until I bring him ‘something better’ and his favorite are Ken’s pellets. Now, he’ll even refuse brine shrimp cubes, his previous favorite, stubbornly waiting for a Ken’s pellet. He likes being hand fed and holds his mouth open above the water line very still, until I drop the pellets in. He’s pretty large and eats 4 of the 12mm pellets at once.

The sole exception being if you soak any food in garlic in which case, I think they’d eat sawdust!

• Like 1
  • Love 2