Molly Rescue

TCoach

So, local Petco gave me this one Molly as a rescue given the mouth infection it has.  I'm known at the store as a fish rescuer/medic, but more on the saltwater side.  Due to the active infection, I set up an emergency tank (had a 3.5 gal I had by my desk).  Put him/her in the tank with a tbsp or so of Instant Ocean salt, general cure, Ich-x, and Maracyn.  Hoping it will make a quick recovery.  Any suggestions for other treatments other than time?

I'm using an air uplift system to circulate the water.  So lot of air being added to the water with all the meds in it.

Thanks!

-TCoach

IMG_2628.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg

Aquarium salt makes the most sense. Most of these livebearers are cultured in quasi saline environments. The fish go through intense osmotic stress when arriving from overseas. This sort of mouth issue can be a secondary result. Antibacterial was probably also a good call.

Looks like the start of mouth rot what I would recommend is 1 table spoon for 1 gallon of aquarium salt and treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic such as kanaplex or maracyn2 med trio more of a preventive treatment as you have an active infection I would do a full course of one of the antibiotic treatments I recommended @TCoach

Well he/she passed away today.  😞  Didn’t see anything obvious on the body.  My guess is it was probably starving and was not healthy enough to eat.  Even tried to spoil it with live white worms.

Anyway, thanks for the help.  Hopefully my next rescue will be more successful.  🙂

• Sad 1

On 4/11/2023 at 2:12 AM, TCoach said:

He/she is slowly looking better.I did add some Kanaplex yesterday to the mix of meds.

FC9315AC-2698-4ED2-8A07-5043BBA90607.jpeg

He/she was so cute. R.I.P.  If you're looking for the best college essay writing service to make sure your material is original, go try this out they have the best Writing Services that will help you make your essay original and stand out from the crowd.

He/she was so cute. R.I.P. 

Edited by BessieCurtin