April Fools! Tells about a successfool prank that you pulled off or was played on you.

Tanked

I'm not big on workplace pranks, but once in awhile, an unplanned opportunity arises. 

Diesel trucks have a reputation for being hard to start in very cold weather. Ours were no exception.  A new driver came into my office one bitter cold morning and said he could not start his truck.  I suggested that he grab a cup of coffee, and I would come outside and help him when he came back.  When he returned I placed both hands on the truck, bowed my head for a moment, and told the driver to hit the starter. The truck coughed a few times and started. The driver sat there for a few moments in disbelief.

Again the next morning, all of the other trucks had left except for this one.  After finishing what I was working on we walked outside, I placed my hands on the fender, bowed my head, the truck started.  The driver stood there staring.

When this happened a third time, the driver demanded to know what I was doing.  I told him that he saw everything that I did.  After letting him think abut this for a cold moment I explained.  All he had to do was place his hands on the truck, and stand there until the sun rose over the top of the building. The sun would warm up the exposed fuel lines on the side of the truck. The fuel would flow and the truck would start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nice one! We did a lot of daft fake blood stuff at school which fooled a substitute teacher (he saw two bleeding teens with ‘cuts’ on their faces). Completely wrong reaction: stammer and ask if they were OK. 🤣🤣

Sadly the experienced teachers have seen it all and weren’t impressed. 😁Still worth a try

On 4/2/2023 at 9:16 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Nice one! We did a lot of daft fake blood stuff at school which fooled a substitute teacher (he saw two bleeding teens with ‘cuts’ on their faces). Completely wrong reaction: stammer and ask if they were OK. 🤣🤣

Sadly the experienced teachers have seen it all and weren’t impressed. 😁Still worth a try

That would not have been worth the risking a pain in the wrist/bum when I was in school.  Later, that did not stop me from suggesting to some of my senior scouts that some corn syrup and red food coloring would add a little bit of life into a First Aid class.  There was always the really smart kid who immediately cried fake!, until the blood started spurting.😈

• Haha 1

I did play a good one at work about 40 years ago.  I was working at a TG&Y store (they were trying to compete with Wal-mart; it didn't work out very well).  We had a pet department where we sold fish, birds, etc.  One cage had a pair of finches.  The lady who took care of them was convinced the female was about to start laying eggs, and they were going to raise babies.  For those of you who aren't familiar with finches, they're tiny birds.  If I remember right, they're about the size of my thumb.

I got to work early one morning and laid a chicken egg in the bottom of the finch cage and I made sure to be close when the lady was there doing the daily maintenance.  She was busy talking to me when she started to slide the bottom out of the cage so wasn't paying a lot of attention, and didn't notice the egg until she had it about half way out.

I'll never forget the look on her face when she first saw it; just before she busted out laughing.

• Haha 2

On 4/11/2023 at 10:22 AM, JettsPapa said:

I'll never forget the look on her face when she first saw it; just before she busted out laughing.

It would be great to know what people are thinking in the seconds before they realize they've been played.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 10:22 PM, JettsPapa said:

I did play a good one at work about 40 years ago.  I was working at a TG&Y store (they were trying to compete with Wal-mart; it didn't work out very well).  We had a pet department where we sold fish, birds, etc.  One cage had a pair of finches.  The lady who took care of them was convinced the female was about to start laying eggs, and they were going to raise babies.  For those of you who aren't familiar with finches, they're tiny birds.  If I remember right, they're about the size of my thumb.

I got to work early one morning and laid a chicken egg in the bottom of the finch cage and I made sure to be close when the lady was there doing the daily maintenance.  She was busy talking to me when she started to slide the bottom out of the cage so wasn't paying a lot of attention, and didn't notice the egg until she had it about half way out.

Priceless! 🤣🤣

• Like 1