10G Heater options

nabokovfan87

Hey everyone,

I need to replace my 10G QT tank heater due to a weird issue that cropped up. I've been refunded and all that, I just need to find the replacement of choice.

The one I'd like to buy is the Fluval E-Series E50. I can get an E100 but it's a bit too long for a 10G tank. It appears the E50 is only available in the UK for some reason.

Previously I had the eheim Jager and it didn't last as long as I'd like. It's adjustable, but once it died on me it really cooked the tank. Yes, heater controller, I understand.

Fluval has other series of heaters, but I've seen reviews on them that I'm not quite comfortable trying them out.

I've got the stores locally and all they have is the marineland or tetra heaters. Tetra I've seen too many failures with.

Any recommendations that you've personally had a good experience with?

Edited by nabokovfan87

My heater choices for a 10g are the coop 50w or these. I like these and always have great experiences with hygger products. 
Both options work and hold up well for me. 
I do connect all heaters to inkbirds as a fail safe to keep from ever cooking my kiddos. 

C812153D-A0D3-4B82-B196-D473D3395730.png

• Like 2

I’ve used lots of the Freesea or Orlushy heaters off Amazon for a budget friendly option and haven’t had any real issues. I think I’ve replaced 1 heater in the past 3 years. Having 14 tanks I had to keep them somewhat budget friendly and I haven’t regretted the decision to run these heaters. So much so that I bought 2 more a week ago. 1 for my girlfriends shrimp tank and 1 for my 20 gallon long conversion project. 

For my 10 gallon QT/grow out tanks I run 50 watt heaters. They’re on the bottom of my rack, too. House is kept at 69-70 degrees. 50 watts seems to get the job done for me. 

Edited by AllFishNoBrakes
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:35 PM, Guppysnail said:

My heater choices for a 10g are the coop 50w or these. I like these and always have great experiences with hygger products. 
Both options work and hold up well for me. 
I do connect all heaters to inkbirds as a fail safe to keep from ever cooking my kiddos. 

C812153D-A0D3-4B82-B196-D473D3395730.png

yeah!

50wats in 1gallon, you really are going to fry those fish.

of course they will advertise down, they want to sell more products.