Large Tote score and small profitable shrimp set up

BlueLineAquaticsSC

I found a guy on FB market place that sells these large totes, 3’3” L and W 2’ tall, for $30 each. They remind me of the ones Cory uses but shorter. He gets like 50 at a time from a nursery, I guess they use them to ship large bushes and small trees. I snagged two and might get some more.

currently they will be used to raise up some chicks. Once they are big enough to live in their coop I want to make at least one of them a profit set up for shrimp. What suggestions do people have for a set up like this; substrate, plants, etc. I’m planning on just a sponge filter for filtration.

EC5A0C36-BFF0-4C5D-9A62-FD0903B536F7.jpeg

• Like 1

Depending upon what color shrimp you are thinking to put in there, you might want to ass a layer of pool filter sand or something lighter colored on the bottom. With the black, it will be hard to see darker colored shrimp, red may even be hard to see on it. I have a nursery in my small town, I know a couple of people that work there, I may have to ask them if they have anything similar that I could buy and use outside this summer.