Hello from Turkey!

Gorkem

On 2/3/2023 at 7:49 PM, Theplatymaster said:

welcome to our forum!

I beleive @Lennie is also in turkey.

Those crypts are awesome, i wish i could do that.

Thanks for warm welcome. The crypts are almost in good shape. This plant is really strong . I m sure you can handle easly.

On 2/3/2023 at 8:00 PM, Lennie said:

Welcome to the forum @Gorkem!

Feel free to pm me whenever you need help or just to chat even. It is pretty cozy here. You'll love it.

Your betta looks gorgeous btw.

cheers,

Thanks a lot my friend. I will be in touch with you. Yes this site  has a really good vibe. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:42 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

Welcome to the forum! Your aquarium looks amazing! I especially like the live plants and your panda corydoras

Thanks for your beautiful comment. Panda corydoras are really so cute fish. I love to watch them . If I have a chance someday I want to try sterbai corydoras too. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 11:37 PM, JJenna said:

Those crypts are beautiful. Half the time I look at mine and wonder, "is this how they are supposed to look?" I think you may be a "Crypt Whisperer" (which means you are a Master at Crypt growing!

You made me laugh :)) Be patient I m sure their crypts will be better than mines . 

On 2/4/2023 at 7:45 AM, smm333 said:

Welcome! Your tank is beautiful. I love the plants, and it's great that your betta is good with other fish. Mine was always picking on everyone, so I ended up setting multiple tanks!

Thanks. 🙂 in general he is okay with other fish but he is still young I think I can say that he is a juvenile . The room is completely dark until when I open the curtains , and then he sees the daylight recognizes blue eyes ( luminatus) and starting to the day chasing them. Short after chasing is over. No harm. I guess the promlem is blue eyes’ like surface and betta too.  It causes some conflict. 🤷‍♂️

On 2/4/2023 at 7:45 AM, smm333 said:

Welcome! Your tank is beautiful. I love the plants, and it's great that your betta is good with other fish. Mine was always picking on everyone, so I ended up setting multiple tanks!

They are a hit or miss sadly. Well, at least you had a valid reason to run multiple tanks thanks to your betta!:D Don't we all try to find excuses and convince ourselves to start another tank all the time.:')

• Like 1

I rock, because I ran to get some turkey on some china because I was hungry 

im sorry, I had to do it 

welcome! Such a beautiful tank I love the two extremes, super cloudy (with tannins) or the crystal clear water that makes fish look like they are flying through air, and yours is super clear! Must be a lot of work to keep it that way!

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:25 PM, The endler guy said:

I rock, because I ran to get some turkey on some china because I was hungry 

im sorry, I had to do it 

welcome! Such a beautiful tank I love the two extremes, super cloudy (with tannins) or the crystal clear water that makes fish look like they are flying through air, and yours is super clear! Must be a lot of work to keep it that way!

I know you love to make turkey jokes . it's okay we are prepared for this at least I am. 

thanks for good comment about the tank yeah it's almost crystal clear. I  only do water changes 2 times in a week.Black water always in mind too.I 'll try it in the future with some ramirezi. 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, Gorkem said:

I know you love to make turkey jokes . it's okay we are prepared for this at least I am. 

thanks for good comment about the tank yeah it's almost crystal clear. I  only do water changes 2 times in a week.Black water always in mind too.I 'll try it in the future with some ramirezi. 

the good thing with blackwater is that sense there is leaves and botanicals the fish waste blends in and doesnt look out of place also the blackwater causes particles in the water to blend in, but it is still hard to beat a crystal clear aquascape! Also do yourself a favor instead of gbr get Bolivian rams, they only have a little less color, but they get a little bigger (not much though) and have even better personality, and are sooo much easy to keep 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, The endler guy said:

the good thing with blackwater is that sense there is leaves and botanicals the fish waste blends in and doesnt look out of place also the blackwater causes particles in the water to blend in, but it is still hard to beat a crystal clear aquascape! Also do yourself a favor instead of gbr get Bolivian rams, they only have a little less color, but they get a little bigger (not much though) and have even better personality, and are sooo much easy to keep 

aha! Bolivian ram is a better choice for our mental health I see. Actually I have a bad history about ramirezi . i did not enough experience on them. it was too early to try them and I lost all of them. I want to try again a day . 

• Like 1

Merhaba! (I cheated and looked up how to say hello) 😃 Your tall plants are gorgeous! I like how they look from above. I agree with Lennie your 'boy' is beautiful. Are you using tap water or purified water, your tank is pristine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:27 PM, Gorkem said:

aha! Bolivian ram is a better choice for our mental health I see. Actually I have a bad history about ramirezi . i did not enough experience on them. it was too early to try them and I lost all of them. I want to try again a day . 

That is exactly how I got my Bolivian, I love dwarf cichlids but can’t keep them so I got a Bolivian because it is the easiest dwarf cichlid

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:54 PM, sankaz said:

Merhaba! (I cheated and looked up how to say hello) 😃 Your tall plants are gorgeous! I like how they look from above. I agree with Lennie your 'boy' is beautiful. Are you using tap water or purified water, your tank is pristine!

Merhaba my friend😊 The plant is ceratophyllum demersum if I m mistaken. this plant is the latest addition to tank. it looks so beautiful from above i agree with you. I expect from this plant being more dense and help me to hide the heater and pipe filter.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:12 PM, Gorkem said:

Merhaba my friend😊 The plant is ceratophyllum demersum if I m mistaken. this plant is the latest addition to tank. it looks so beautiful from above i agree with you. I expect from this plant being more dense and help me to hide the heater and pipe filter.

What’s the hobby like in Turkey 🇹🇷

On 2/4/2023 at 9:17 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

What’s the hobby like in Turkey 🇹🇷

Hello! not bad actually. I used to follow a turkish forum , and I have seen so many good hobbiests in there but bad examples either. We can find aquarium plants in here easly , live stock depends on where you are living in turkey like other countries. Hobby is expensive in our country because of import and our money is not in good condition now. :)) I think if I compare to this site there are so many people obsess with discus they do water changes daily😁

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:54 PM, sankaz said:

I m using tap water btw but I also use concentrate water conditioner for clorine and ammonia.