Hello from Turkey!

Gorkem

On 2/5/2023 at 5:33 PM, Theplatymaster said:

@Gorkem i see in your picture Rainbows, panda cories, and a betta. Have you kept any other fish before?

Hello, My first experience started with some malawi species about 10 years ego with different tank.( poor fish☹) but It was not only my mistake, and then I kept some tetra species , different bettas and I had a bad ramirezi experience. I did not kept any fish almost 3 years and last year I decided to give it a go . Thanks.

On 2/6/2023 at 8:15 AM, sankaz said:

I just heard about the massive earthquake in your country. Are you and Lennie okay? I hope you and your families are safe.

Im safe too, I’m on the west coast of the country. But some of my friends have their families living there, and they say it was a really bad one. More than 1.7k buildings have turned into a wreckage due to earthquake with people inside them and it is snowing out there. And it keeps being followed by small earthquakes so people try to find a place to stay outside just in case in this cold. I hope the best for them and I feel really sad. 

Thank you for asking us btw. Really appreciated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 3:36 AM, Swamp Sunflower said:

I have wanted to go to İstanbul since I saw the documentary Kedi. Your tank looks very beautiful!

Hello, yes they are so so many on the streets in İstanbul. You sit on a bench and they immediately come and sit your lap. Especially if the weather is too cold. 

Edited by Gorkem
grammer

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, Shadow said:

Merhaba @Gorkem! I have several friends in Istanbul from my esports days, hope you and yours are well! Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for your kind comment . We are doing well mostly here, I hope you are the same. Which game were you playing at with turkish people?

• Love 1

On 3/15/2023 at 6:12 PM, Shadow said:

@Gorkem CCGs, Magic/Gwent/Legends of Runeterra/Marvel Snap. The esports team I created has won 3 World Championships, 2 in Gwent and 1 in Legends of Runeterra. I have 2 team members that live in Istanbul and are buddies. 🙂 

Eyy I’ve found another gamer! 
how come no HS? 🙂

On 3/15/2023 at 6:12 PM, Shadow said:

@Gorkem CCGs, Magic/Gwent/Legends of Runeterra/Marvel Snap. The esports team I created has won 3 World Championships, 2 in Gwent and 1 in Legends of Runeterra. I have 2 team members that live in Istanbul and are buddies. 🙂 

It's just familiar to me Gwent , I used to play The witcher 3 wild hunt and If I remember correctly the card game is in it was Gwent:)

• Love 1

@Gorkem Yep, you are correct. Shortly after W3's release they created a stand alone card game. I began in closed beta of it and a year in, created a CCG esport team to combat the only team in the game. We ended up taking back to back World Championships and at the end, we are known as the best team in the game. So all in all, job done for me. 

On 3/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, Shadow said:

@Lennie Most of us became either MtG or HS refugees, I was from the MtG side lol as I am older(45 to be exact). I am really into Ben Brode's(longtime head of HS) company's new CCG Marvel Snap tho. It's super addictive and a lot of fun! 

I have only really played HS. I just keep having a phase I find myself playing it then quitting not while after.

It either needs very consistent gameplay or investing too much money. Otherwise it is really hard to play with a deck that is not aimed to hit the face. I really don’t enjoy aggro decks myself. And control decks are usually very expensive to build and keep up with the meta. Priest player here 🙂 

I have never tried any other card games really. My friends called me to play gwent many times but it just seemed meh to me, although it is much friendly for a f2p from what they say.

maybe I may try the marvel snap one day 🙂

• Love 1