Cleaning algae off seiryu stone?

I have some algae on my seiryu stone in the goldfish tank.. best way to clean this off? It is very jagged with lots of crevices and holes... just curious if y'all know the best way to do that. I've been keeping the lights off.. but I hate the dirty algae look. I have a mind to take a melamine sponge but I think it would just disintegrate..I use a metal sponge for the smooth stones in the other tanks but I think it would just get caught in the cracks... thoughts?

On 1/25/2023 at 11:09 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work too: 

Reverse Respiration

Probably still have to clean the dead algae off but it would likely be a lot easier and would take longer for it to come back. 

Wow..this looks really cool, and simple. I may try it out on one of my anubias... you think it'd work on BBA? 

I believe it would, though I haven't tried it for BBA, others have like this post (apparently it will turn red):

if you do it you should post your results on the thread, they are in the process of getting the experiment published!

BBA is definitely more stubborn but not bullet proof! The process is very easy though- so totally worth it. 

• Like 3