US Weather

Mr Gumby

On 12/23/2022 at 8:07 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Luckily I took some time off from work and didn’t leave the house all day. All good where I’m at. Thanks for the kind words!

at some points last week I was seeing minus 7c defrosting the car in the mornings but luckily I have the option to work from home and its a lot milder here now.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

-7°C = 20°F.  20°F sounds like a dream right now! That’s just a cool winter day where I’m from. -14F or -25C where I’m at at right now. Just glad it didn’t  reach -50°F with wind chill like it was predicted. I like the cold, but that’s a whole new level right there!

hard to imagine just how cold that is!

On 12/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, Mr Gumby said:

Just a plea for all of our US members affected by the extreme weather

Stay home, stay warm and stay safe

Luckily the bad(ish) weather got us out of school early (since Christmas is on Sunday we got no days off this month until then : ( but luckily since it is raining and very cold we got off today!)

On 12/23/2022 at 2:38 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

-7°C = 20°F.  20°F sounds like a dream right now! That’s just a cool winter day where I’m from.

My kids and I were out playing in the snow for almost 2 hours in that temp one day last week.

-14 F (-25 C) was the high here yesterday. Luckily the kids and I didn't have to leave the house, but my husband did, while it was still dark out and much colder. I'm glad the 6 inches of snow with winds making it impossible to keep the roads clear that they promised us ended up being less than an inch though.